GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shifter Install Help

afman916

Ready to race!
Finally getting around to installing my Shorty's Short Shifter and when I pulled the stocker out to compare against Shorty's....well pardon my ignorance but am I missing something here? Pic below - apologies for quality, phone is on it's way out.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Weird. New design?? Only difference with mine was pin placement and shaving. Pic for reference (bottom).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

afman916

Ready to race!
Yeah man your post was one of the ones I came across while frantically searching haha. No idea - going to email him and ask tonight. Got it in; I also posted this in the General forum and was told there it's just lacking the counterweight. But no idea what the performance benefit of that is.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Sorry to threadjack, but does Shorty still make the short shifter? His FB page is gone, and it seems he hasn't logged into the forum for months.

What you posted didn't look like the sample pictures of his work when he had a FB page or what was on the forums.

afman916

Ready to race!
"technically" it would work, just wouldn't have any weight behind it. Really don't know why they would do that. That has to be the notchiest shifter in existence.

It's so notchy it's not even funny.

Shorty said he was getting out of the short shifter game for now, citing not having enough time. I emailed him on Sunday to inquire as to the reason behind the redesign, and haven't heard anything back yet.

Kind of bewildered to be honest, but I guess some of it is on me for not knowing enough to ask. His kit just came highly recommended/reviewed as one-off, custom, etc so I thought I was in good hands.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate the "notchiness"?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
It's so notchy it's not even funny.

Shorty said he was getting out of the short shifter game for now, citing not having enough time. I emailed him on Sunday to inquire as to the reason behind the redesign, and haven't heard anything back yet.

Kind of bewildered to be honest, but I guess some of it is on me for not knowing enough to ask. His kit just came highly recommended/reviewed as one-off, custom, etc so I thought I was in good hands.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate the "notchiness"?
A weighted knob would help I'm sure but itll probably always be a bit notchy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk