Ready to race!
SOLD

Last edited:

Hans

Ready to race!
I just had mine done. Works as advertised. Great deal. GLWS

afman916

Ready to race!
Still available? Just installed MAP downpipe and looking at adding this to stock catback setup. Wife is currently living/working in Raleigh and I’m in Athens GA, so we could probably arrange for a pickup as we both do a lot of back and forth on the weekends. Let me know!

MadMen

Ready to race!
My bad. Sorry - forgot to mark it sold.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Still available? Just installed MAP downpipe and looking at adding this to stock catback setup. Wife is currently living/working in Raleigh and I’m in Athens GA, so we could probably arrange for a pickup as we both do a lot of back and forth on the weekends. Let me know!

If you wanna stop by in your travels I install a lot of these (well, usually 3” 17950)

plac

GTI Master
im still trying to understand how the smaller looking round can quiets better than the larger triangle. i guess the round has more volume inside? i have had a couple Vibrant Ultra-quiet's too, and they worked perfectly in my MK6 downpipes.. I like those because they are smaller, but usually come in ovals, taking up a bit more room than a round, especially if you run a tunnel brace. I'm probably going to join-clamp in something soon, as i dont have good welders around here and Jake is too far a drive for this simple install.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Was this resonator better than the stock one? as in was it quieter? I hate our factory one. Its huge.

SpoolDude

Passed Driver's Ed
If you've ever seen the inside of a factory one, it is pretty much a solid pipe with just a single line of pinholes from front to back. Yes, I'm sure the vibrant one is better

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I purchased this listing for the 17930 resonator and had it installed. I have the factory DP in with the 17930.

The stock exhaust is even quieter than before. This resonator actually took away a large range of frequencies/sounds. It also got rid of any DSG pops/farts.

Hoping that changes when I get the DP installed (pretty sure it will).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I purchased this listing for the 17930 resonator and had it installed. I have the factory DP in with the 17930.

The stock exhaust is even quieter than before. This resonator actually took away a large range of frequencies/sounds. It also got rid of any DSG pops/farts.

Not dsg, but you get the idea. https://youtu.be/mWRnjL8wZWE

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I have an AWE downpipe with the factory GSW 4Motion resonator and catback. I'm not happy with the tone, but like the pops and crackles at lower speeds. It sounds like this resonator will improve the sound, but will it eliminate the pops and crackles?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This was my MK6 Vibrant Ultra-Quiet install, thinking about doing the same exact thing on my MK7..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCNAjf-SKJ0

im still trying to understand how the smaller looking round can quiets better than the larger triangle. i guess the round has more volume inside? i have had a couple Vibrant Ultra-quiet's too, and they worked perfectly in my MK6 downpipes.. I like those because they are smaller, but usually come in ovals, taking up a bit more room than a round, especially if you run a tunnel brace. I'm probably going to join-clamp in something soon, as i dont have good welders around here and Jake is too far a drive for this simple install.

UQ won’t work on a mk7

Also PM me about a production version of the resonated mid pipe. I have a stock CBE to use now just haven’t had an order to fill to push it up the priority list

Was this resonator better than the stock one? as in was it quieter? I hate our factory one. Its huge.

If you've ever seen the inside of a factory one, it is pretty much a solid pipe with just a single line of pinholes from front to back. Yes, I'm sure the vibrant one is better

Correct, the Vibrant has far more hole thus greatly increased effectiveness

All of this is covered here https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33309

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Thank Jake! wish you were closer to get some work done. Need to add 2 of these in place of my resonator and muffler.