GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is38 GTI vs 2016 Mustang GT

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
So their tune has detonated two of your engines and you are still running their stuff? Very confused right now.... and they probably didn't give you anything for it did they?

The shop that I went to has always taken good care of me, they happen to be an APR dealer and worked with APR on helping me with both my cars when they failed. I'd say I'm more or less a lifetime customer to the shop I go to, great people there. Yes I know to have experienced two major failures with APR one would say I'm crazy to keep going back to them, but you can credit that to the great shop of EP Werks, I'd recommend those guys to anyone.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
This is why I hate them. They don't take any responsibility for their products, not to mention their overpriced marketing tactics. Perfect example, they were trying to say there was no power to be gained from running ethanol on our cars just so they can sell more turbo kits. Guess what? There was plenty room left with the is38 on e85.

No tuner would take responsibility for that failure. Not one.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
APR has more customers then if not all the other tuners combined, atleast the 2nd and third biggest (put together). Out of all of their customers, failures are relatively rare. However, they are the most aggressive OTS tuner for sure, which puts additional stress on everything compared to some other tunes.

But I agree, no tuner is going to take responsibility for any damage.. that's kinda the point..

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
APR has more customers then if not all the other tuners combined, atleast the 2nd and third biggest (put together). Out of all of their customers, failures are relatively rare. However, they are the most aggressive OTS tuner for sure, which puts additional stress on everything compared to some other tunes.

But I agree, no tuner is going to take responsibility for any damage.. that's kinda the point..

I’m sure you’re right about apr having more customers, after all they are a great marketing company. As for offering the most aggressive ots tuning options, I’d disagree, UM offers more aggressive tuning options, as you can run a peak 30psi on their stage 1/2 tunes and they offer flex fuel sensor tuning, although to get your best bang for buck on that you will need more fueling so you can run more corn, technically going above your average stage 1/2 ots tunes.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I’m sure you’re right about apr having more customers, after all they are a great marketing company. As for offering the most aggressive ots tuning options, I’d disagree, UM offers more aggressive tuning options, as you can run a peak 30psi on their stage 1/2 tunes and they offer flex fuel sensor tuning, although to get your best bang for buck on that you will need more fueling so you can run more corn, technically going above your average stage 1/2 ots tunes.

A guy local to me is UM tuned and peaks at 30psi (stage 2).

That's stock intercooler :eek:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
A guy local to me is UM tuned and peaks at 30psi (stage 2).

That's stock intercooler :eek:

Believe it or not, it will run just fine but heatsoak like a MF. For consistent back to back runs and to keep IAT in check it's definitely a necessary upgrade. Ethanol does help keep things safer even on stock intercooler.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
God running 30 psi all the time sounds terrible for the turbo.

it's a crapshoot, my old is20 is closing in on 30k miles of 29 psi, current is38 has seen way more shit than any is38 should for 30k and is still running strong as day one. Then you guys the guys that blow turbos with a neuspeed power module lol

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
God running 30 psi all the time sounds terrible for the turbo.

Ran 30 psi on a stage 2 17 R for 1 year before going big turbo, no issues whatsoever, zero shaft play when inspected. Been running 30 psi on a 16 R stage 1, intake only for over 2 years without issue also. Some people’s pop stock, these 2 took it without issue.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
it's a crapshoot, my old is20 is closing in on 30k miles of 29 psi, current is38 has seen way more shit than any is38 should for 30k and is still running strong as day one. Then you guys the guys that blow turbos with a neuspeed power module lol

LMAO!:D

Hoon

Autocross Champion

The guy I bought my IS38 from also sold one to another member and it blew on the first track day a few weeks later. Mine has been on moon boost for 9k miles.

Complete crapshoot.