New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Man that’s awesome. Congratulations!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Thanks everyone. Wouldn’t have been able to do it without Matthew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Golf Alltrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man that's a quick alltrack!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

alexSU

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran 13.7 at 102 so if he’s trapping that speed (probably some spinning) then he should be mid 13’s with a proper launch.

I agree mid 13s is def possible but I wasn’t trying to launch it at all. Mostly wanted to see MPH. Car has 11k miles on it so I wanna baby it a little while longer lol

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
17 Sportwagen 4 Motion DSG
APR Stage 1 91 oct. tune. APR DSG tune.

Hard to make out the numbers due to low ink in the printer I think.
Car #2421

13.944 @ 97.31

Last edited:

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
First time out on the slicks. Car feels a little slow on the back half but I'm happy with it for now. Car is full weight + some crap in the back. Looking forward to dialing it into 11s

ET: 12.390
MPH: 107.87
60: 1.795
DA: 2,914
MODEL: MK7 GTI
ENGINE: 2.0T
TURBO: is20
TRANS: DSG
FUEL: E50
WT: Full
TIRES: Slicks
SOFTWARE: 5150
USER: Local (B. Alexander)
TRACK: Fontana

Travis9935

Ready to race!
First time out on the slicks. Car feels a little slow on the back half but I'm happy with it for now. Car is full weight + some crap in the back. Looking forward to dialing it into 11s

Which wheel/tire combo is that?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

60s are nice. You definetly have more in that setup and should be in the 11s with wieght reduction and more dialing in. There is something slowing your top end down. Dsg tune? Cobb TC and all nannies turned off? Did you do logs of run for Jon to see?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
60s are nice. You definetly have more in that setup and should be in the 11s with wieght reduction and more dialing in. There is something slowing your top end down. Dsg tune? Cobb TC and all nannies turned off? Did you do logs of run for Jon to see?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fontana is a really shitty track overall and is slightly uphill for the back half. Makes it really hard to do any good times/mph there. I do agree with you, he should be somewhere in the 110s. Just providing some insight on the conditions

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Fontana is a really shitty track overall and is slightly uphill for the back half. Makes it really hard to do any good times/mph there. I do agree with you, he should be somewhere in the 110s. Just providing some insight on the conditions

I really don't know why people keep saying that.
Rafy, who I tuned, did 11.4@122.5mph in his stock turbo Golf R at Fontana.

There are two lanes and they read 3-4mph apart, consistently. I don't put much stock into trap speed from that track for that reason.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I really don't know why people keep saying that.
Rafy, who I tuned, did 11.4@122.5mph in his stock turbo Golf R at Fontana.

There are two lanes and they read 3-4mph apart, consistently. I don't put much stock into trap speed from that track for that reason.

Yes, Rafy's car is fast. The issues with fontana besides track layout and location is that the street legal drags get little to no prep which leads to FWD cars struggling much more than normal, even on a slick. Rafy has an R so he doesn't run into this issue as much.

Last edited: