GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 Questions: Is it safe to run Nuespeed Power Module & how to install 2018 Taillight

Rich27

2 Questions: Is it safe to run Nuespeed Power Module & how to install 2018 Taillight

Hi all.

I have 2 questions. I have been running the Nuespeed Power Module for about 8k Miles. Is it safe to keep on using it or will there big any issues down the road?

Also, I'm thinking about purchasing 2018 Golf R rear tails lights. Is it plug a play with a harness? Where can I purchase a harness from?

Thank you!

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.

Also, I'm thinking about purchasing 2018 Golf R rear tails lights. Is it plug a play with a harness? Where can I purchase a harness from?

Thank you!

As much as I hate being that guy, I will be. There are countless articles about this topic, including a megathread in the cosmetic mods section. Check out USP or DAP for harnesses and tails. It is not plug and play as it involves taking all the hatch pieces out and installing a harness in addition to coding.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Any mod that pulls more performance from the engine has increased risk.
Will it cause issues? Maybe, Maybe not. The NPM is the entry level power mod so likely lowest risk. I suggest you keep and enjoy. The power boost is something you will miss if you go back to stock. Drive and enjoy but if you are one who does 0-60 runs from every red light then remember how long a candle lasts when burned at both ends.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
I installed a Neuspeed module on my R and kept it on for 2,000 miles or so. I removed it when I needed a warranty repair for a coolant leak and then sold it. I've not missed it at all. It does make a slight improvement in acceleration but not night and day.
I love to drive the car fast on good twisty roads and I can honestly say that the stock performance is more than enough to keep me very happy.
If I was out of warranty I likely would have left it on though. The NPM adds roughly 30 horses which is nice but on a car as heavy as the R 30hp is not a big jump at all.
If you want to try one they come up used all the time for $150-$200. Don't pay the $330-$400 retail prices.

faid

Ready to race!
Correct me if i am wrong, i think JB4 is the same thing as the neuspeed power module. The JB4 might yield a little more gain.

Rich27

As much as I hate being that guy, I will be. There are countless articles about this topic, including a megathread in the cosmetic mods section. Check out USP or DAP for harnesses and tails. It is not plug and play as it involves taking all the hatch pieces out and installing a harness in addition to coding.

I totally get it.

Thanks for the information. I saw that it was an older tread and and didn't know if there was something new out.

I put a pair of 2018 Golf R US tail lights and the seller stated that he will make a plug and play harness for me. I get the removal of the hatch pieces, but I'm not familiar with the coding part.

Rich27

I installed a Neuspeed module on my R and kept it on for 2,000 miles or so. I removed it when I needed a warranty repair for a coolant leak and then sold it. I've not missed it at all. It does make a slight improvement in acceleration but not night and day.
I love to drive the car fast on good twisty roads and I can honestly say that the stock performance is more than enough to keep me very happy.
If I was out of warranty I likely would have left it on though. The NPM adds roughly 30 horses which is nice but on a car as heavy as the R 30hp is not a big jump at all.
If you want to try one they come up used all the time for $150-$200. Don't pay the $330-$400 retail prices.

Thanks for the information. I feel the same way. I already have the module on the car, but wanted to see if there were any risks running it long term. I'll probably remove eventually.