GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another MK7 GTi blown engine post..

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You overdose on narcotics and are taken to the ER. Because the narcotics were illegal, the ER sent you home telling you to take an aspirin and see your regular doctor in the morning.

You die.

They could have administered NARCAN but didn't because you used illegal drugs.

Does the ER have any liability?

This is the best thing I read all day LOL. Dude, wtf come back to reality please.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sounds like the hospital in my town.
You overdose on narcotics and are taken to the ER. Because the narcotics were illegal, the ER sent you home telling you to take an aspirin and see your regular doctor in the morning.

You die.

They could have administered NARCAN but didn't because you used illegal drugs.

Does the ER have any liability?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

cb1111

You guys are absolutely correct. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Although it is unlikely that the tune caused the problem, the OP should just roll over and pay for a new engine without saying a peep.

It is way too much trouble to pick up the phone and call VW. There is a possibility that they'll say no so that call would have been completely wasted. The OP won't get that two minutes back.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Sorry for your loss OP, I think everyone here knows if you tune, warranty is gone. You stated your wife tuned. Anything that happens after that is on user. Seems like you know what your talking about with engines and stuff. Most likely there was an issue with the car before you tuned, but it doesn't matter to VWoA. Essentially tuning helped them if it covers up their faulty engine. Hopefully you get this figured out, new engine seems like it could cost 10k+ Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
Mine did the same thing at 32k with apr stage 1. Oil light cane on about a month before it blew up. Please add your post to the thread “post your engine failures”

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
FYI VW won’t do anything for you at all. Been there and tried that. Next step is to put a used engine in it, or if you want someone to dig into the engine you would go that route, but if the damage is too much you’ll need a new engine anyways

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
I’m curious about a couple things:
1. How hot was it outside?
2. Did you upgrade your plugs? How many miles were on them?

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
it doesn’t matter that you took he car home, you would of needed an engine regardless from your issues you are speaking of. Your oil ring failed, regardless what what dealer said happened. I’ve seen too many engines with tunes drop rings. Any argument that is brought forward to VWOA will just get you a big door slammed in your face. If you are not willing to take the risks don’t tune your car

shrmntank

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m curious about a couple things:
1. How hot was it outside?
2. Did you upgrade your plugs? How many miles were on them?

It was 7 in the morning in Chicago so it was about 70 degrees outside. The plugs are the original oem plugs. It never had any misfire issues like my 6R did so I hadn’t changed them out yet. 35k miles on them

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It was 7 in the morning in Chicago so it was about 70 degrees outside. The plugs are the original oem plugs. It never had any misfire issues like my 6R did so I hadn’t changed them out yet. 35k miles on them

Stage 2 with 30k+ on the stock plugs certainly didn’t do your engine any favors...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
just curiosity and wanting to learn

why are plugs so much more important with tune? Do you go colder with them or something? And why changing them early?

Mud