GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blind Spot Monitor Side Mirrors Change

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased the European Blind Spot w/DAP mirrors from Deutsche Auto Parts and am ready to install however I can't figure out how to unplug the blind spot monitor connections on the factory mirrors. I searched for a video and don't see anything so I am looking for some help in order to do this without messing it up.

Thanks in advance.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
There is a little rubber gasket that holds the plug in place on the mirror side of the BLIS wire. Pry out with a small screwdriver and the the plug will come out easily behind it.

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you so much, I thought the rubber might be a silicone type seal and I would mess something up if I did it wrong, but after you posted I followed your instructions and it all went very smooth.

iamareplicant

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you so much, I thought the rubber might be a silicone type seal and I would mess something up if I did it wrong, but after you posted I followed your instructions and it all went very smooth.
Ain't these forums an awesome result of technology??:)

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
When I went to put the wires back in on mine, I couldn't remember the correct orientation, but I think that I remember a small embossed graphic on the back of the new mirror helped me remember if you get to that point.