GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hiding your license plate number in photos

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
I never understood it. Blocking the plate on internet photos seems dumb to me. Anyone driving on the highway, walking thru a big box store parking lot or driving by Church Sunday could get mine and 100s of other license plate numbers.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I never understood it. Blocking the plate on internet photos seems dumb to me. Anyone driving on the highway, walking thru a big box store parking lot or driving by Church Sunday could get mine and 100s of other license plate numbers.

Face palm. It’s not just the license plate by itself. It’s posting online potentially compromising information, details, and photos about yourself and your car thats all linked to your license plate. A license plate that can also be looked up to pull up your personal info. Chances are it is being slightly paranoid but people should do whatever makes them feel secure. Seriously, why should anyone care if you block your plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned

Yes, they could--standing there in public, in front of everyone, writing them down or taking pictures.

Not gonna happen.

In the privacy of their basement, though, running through CL ads? Easy.