GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R front end opinions please

figgy1

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Looking for opinions please on my front end! I have retro fitted a Golf R front bumper installed a Maxton Design V2 splitter, vinyl wrapped the chrome trim and badge skinned the front Golf R emblem also.

I think its too dark now and is missing something to break up the lower end maybe removal of the gloss black vinyl wrap to reveal the chrome again ?!

I looked through loads of pictures on members who done similar work to their front ends but I'm just not happy after all is done!

I'm looking for opinions on what I should de please ? Pictures of you own front end ideas etc very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3629.jpg
    IMG_3629.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_6254.JPG
    IMG_6254.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 483

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I’m kinda thinking the same myself re chrome VW badge. What do you think about removing the black wrap from the lower chrome trim ? Seems very dark down there:confused:

You are talking about the chrome strip the Golf has just above the painted lower lip? If so the black is not bad. I for one like some chrome so if removed OK with me. I would remove the black from VW emblem only and live with it for a week.
If you still do not like then remove. Sometimes it is good to take a few days and see if it grows on you. Quick decisions not always beat.

figgy1

Ready to race!
You are talking about the chrome strip the Golf has just above the painted lower lip? If so the black is not bad. I for one like some chrome so if removed OK with me. I would remove the black from VW emblem only and live with it for a week.
If you still do not like then remove. Sometimes it is good to take a few days and see if it grows on you. Quick decisions not always beat.

Yes chrome strip that I wrapped in gloss black. I’m thinking the bottom half is just super dark now especially with the splitter fitted. My thoughts are if I remove the black wrap it will break it up and give better definition if that makes sense. Sensible solid advice as always though Sandman. Gonna sit on it for a week and then make a decision before more modification ;)