GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing sunglasses holder?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Is there a way of removing just the door/holder? I see a bunch of guides on removing the entire assembly including dome lights.
But I only want to remove the actually dropdown door.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Is there a way of removing just the door/holder? I see a bunch of guides on removing the entire assembly including dome lights.
But I only want to remove the actually dropdown door.
I broke the gear that slowly drops it when I removed mine. It's possible to just wedge it out. But I'd go the safe route remove the assembly. I have yet to get it fixed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I broke the gear that slowly drops it when I removed mine. It's possible to just wedge it out. But I'd go the safe route remove the assembly. I have yet to get it fixed

Ah thanks for the tip! I guess I'll try to find some time to take the whole assembly out.
I just wanted to glue some felt inside so it doesn't rattle with my glasses in there. Guess it's a bigger project than I expected :eek:

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Ah thanks for the tip! I guess I'll try to find some time to take the whole assembly out.
I just wanted to glue some felt inside so it doesn't rattle with my glasses in there. Guess it's a bigger project than I expected :eek:
Exactly. Why didn't they bother???

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I wouldn't put sunglasses in there without any felt. Hell even with a lining it will still scratch. I usually wear TAVAT sunglasses and when I bought my last pair I was told to never use them as they scratch the lenses.