GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Even paired with a golf R intercooler and an ethanol blend the IAT are climbing by the middle of a single gear pull.

To be fair IAT's aren't taken in the cylinders where ethanol has an additional cooling impact. Meth has an impact on IAT's. I do agree it starts to get hot fast though.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
To be fair IAT's aren't taken in the cylinders where ethanol has an additional cooling affect. Meth has an affect on IAT's.

True. Regardless, it’s tied for last place with the original Forge as far as the data in the intercooler thread is concerned. As predicted the factory location eBay intercooler is the better value hands down between the two

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Even paired with a golf R intercooler and an ethanol blend the IAT are climbing by the middle of a single gear pull.

Keep in mind I'm running 27+ psi, and on the single gear pull I went from 2200 RPM to nearly fuel cutoff (6800 RPM). Seems like many of the logs out there start after 3K and end before 6K. I wanted to get the full picture, even if this is not how I normally drive when I push it hard.

Obviously you're well versed in the subject, and trust me I would love to be in the position to drop coin on one of your coolers. They're awesome and I can totally appreciate the work you do. But keep in mind this is just a budget cooler which shows a good improvement over a stock (or R) cooler. Basically, it's for those who are looking for an effective yet affordable upgrade, and/or for those who don't want to go to the trouble of replacing a stock location cooler.

Unfortunately when I bought the car, I didn't know much better regarding the R cooler, and there were none of the cheaper aftermarket solutions at the time. Had I known they were upcoming, I'd have waited :) This time around, I really was not motivated to pull everything apart a 2nd time to replace the R cooler with a Magic/Majesty or similar.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
To echo the other thread, keep in mind I'm running 27+ psi, and on the single gear pull I went from 2200 RPM to nearly fuel cutoff (6800 RPM). Seems like many of the logs out there start after 3K and end before 6K. I wanted to get the full picture, even if this is not how I normally drive when I push it hard.

Obviously you're well versed in the subject, and trust me I would love to be in the position to drop coin on one of your coolers. They're awesome and I can totally appreciate the work you do. But keep in mind this is just a budget cooler which shows a good improvement over a stock (or R) cooler. Basically, it's for those who are looking for an effective yet affordable upgrade, and/or for those who don't want to go to the trouble of replacing a stock location cooler.

Unfortunately when I bought the car, I didn't know much better regarding the R cooler, and there were none of the cheaper aftermarket solutions at the time. Had I known they were upcoming, I'd have waited :) This time around, I really was not motivated to pull everything apart a 2nd time to replace the R cooler with a Magic/Majesty or similar.

I’m in no way pushing my kit here just pointing out to some guys who may not be as in tune with the other options that this isn’t the best value per dollar spent. I can definitely see your reasoning behind going this route, but for a guy just joining us in modding a mk7 starting from bone stock this wouldn’t be his best value minded option.

Like I’ve said before any upgrade will be an improvement, same goes here, but looking at performance/results vs labor/install effort I’d still rank this behind the similarly priced factory location units.

I fully agree with not wanting to remove the R intercooler, nobody’s trying to do that job multiple times

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope that lift is at a garage. If it's at home, I'm crazy jealous.

Need to decide whether this setup is fine for regular street driving at Stage 1 power levels or if I should double the spend and get GTI jake's kit. I have no desire to replace the stock intercooler in my garage.

Hahaha yes it would be so nice to have one at home, but that's where I work. I do have plans for a building and a lift on my property in the future.

TooManyCars

Given the cost, that's actually pretty impressive. I'd love to see through 2nd and 3rd, or just a more sustained pull, but that's not a bad T delta at all. Probably a good option for those staying at stage 1.

So this is showing an improvement of roughly 15 degrees. Where the stock intercooler was an average of 30 degrees warmer, with the twintercooler is about 15 degrees warmer. Is a 15 degree drop in IATs noticeable improvement?

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Twincooler now appears to be available from some US sellers for almost the same price.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Chinese sellers with a US warehouse. Still should be even faster shipping now.
Yeah that's what I figured. I ordered one during the Father's day sale and got a shipping notification the next day. But the tracking now says returned to sender. FML.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk