GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Issues using Mod 1 JB4 on hot Desert weather

Eric@Wages

Passed Driver's Ed
I lived in Las Vegas, NV. Summer (June, July and August) can be a scorching 110 or 115 F.

2017 GTI Sport Stock with JB4 and Euro Muffler only. Has anyone experienced any issues under hot weather?? Can anyone elaborate.

Cheers!!

shamibal

Passed Driver's Ed
you will experience reduced power. The car really needs an after marker intercooler. I had a JB4 on my golf r. In the central in california it gets around 110F max, I experieneced hot weather issue all the time. Save your money for a real tune like APR+ , it come with a warranty. So far no hot weather issues even though I have a stock setup and APR+
Hope this helps

AlienSP

Ready to race!
I just lay off the WOT runs during summer or set it to map 0. Outdoor temp was 96 at lunch, I was driving 70 mph for 20 minutes, but the IAT only went down to 129F with A/C on. Stop and go is normally 154F. I'm using an IE intercooler, which is considered good.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I lived in Las Vegas, NV. Summer (June, July and August) can be a scorching 110 or 115 F.

2017 GTI Sport Stock with JB4 and Euro Muffler only. Has anyone experienced any issues under hot weather?? Can anyone elaborate.

Cheers!!
I had no problems running the jb4 here in arizona, weather like yours 110-120 and I drove it hard

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I had a dp and used both map2 and map 6 with lovely 91oct fuel, had no issues

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
you will experience reduced power. The car really needs an after marker intercooler. I had a JB4 on my golf r. In the central in california it gets around 110F max, I experieneced hot weather issue all the time. Save your money for a real tune like APR+ , it come with a warranty. So far no hot weather issues even though I have a stock setup and APR+
Hope this helps

A real tune? APR+ is fine, but it's not that much more power for something you can take off 3 clips and keep the OEM warranty.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
I just lay off the WOT runs during summer or set it to map 0. Outdoor temp was 96 at lunch, I was driving 70 mph for 20 minutes, but the IAT only went down to 129F with A/C on. Stop and go is normally 154F. I'm using an IE intercooler, which is considered good.

Unfortunately, higher iats while off throttle seems to be the trade off with larger full metal stock mount intercoolers. At least they pull the temps down when it counts though.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Unfortunately, higher iats while off throttle seems to be the trade off with larger full metal stock mount intercoolers. At least they pull the temps down when it counts though.

Agreed, it's again, that whole Qdot= m-dot * Cp * delta T thing in heat transfer. You're correct, the efficient IC can quickly recover, but the AC condenser is the killer. I like the way GTI Jake has his in front. Common sense thinking and also works in the mechanical engineering world too (mine).
I set my JB4 to map6 today with a little ethanol mixed in. It has more power, but still weak compared to a nice 60 degree day. Ah,...October...