GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Cleaner?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I already tried searching the forums but didn't come up with much. So what's a good wheel cleaner that you can spray on and basically just rinse off? I recently had knee surgery so I can't bend my knee or kneel down.

AJ15

Ready to race!
In my experience, for some reason, the cleaner doesn't appear to turn "red" on the wheels themselves. If I overspray, and hit the rotors, I can see the rotors turning red. :confused:

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
Sonax Full Effect or Nextzett Colortec are good cleaners for dirty wheels.

In my experience, for some reason, the cleaner doesn't appear to turn "red" on the wheels themselves. If I overspray, and hit the rotors, I can see the rotors turning red. :confused:

That's because your wheels were probably relatively clean (not covered in brake dust) to begin with.

AJ15

Ready to race!
That's because your wheels were probably relatively clean (not covered in brake dust) to begin with.
:confused:

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
As for the Iron-X, Car Pro is a professional detailing brand. Not found in stores. Amazing stuff, however. Not just for wheels but your entire car top to bottom. I barely use clay anymore at all.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
x10 on Sonax Full Effect

If you spray it on, leave it on for a good 5 minutes & then power wash it off...they come out pretty clean

It's usually about $15-17 for a 16.9oz bottle

BUT on Amazon you can get a giant 169oz jug for $65 shipped right now:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BDOCWMQ/ref=twister_B073WH9FGP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

$16.45/each x 10 bottles would be $164.50
OR the same amount, in the big jug, for "only" $65....do the math! ;)