GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got back from the dragstrip...

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
https://imgur.com/a/ObL45yL <---- Photo of slips

https://youtu.be/5eeKsr2F4Xo <---- Beating up a poor Dodge

https://youtu.be/2sFz-wj7Gag <---- Getting beat up by a not so poor Honda

Pretty pleased overall. Track temp was low, first T&T of the season at Cayuga (TMP). Car was full weight, nothing removed, 3/4 tank of fuel. It is a full option 2016 with 51000km's on the clock. Stage 2 Unitronic ECU + TCU, Unitronic DP, and ECS Tuning resonator delete. Car has OEM Pretorias wrapped with RE71R's. I think once it warms up a bit my tires will perform a little better, I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped into the 12.0-11.9X range with a better 60'. As it was only 10*C out (snow on my car this morning), I'm sure the rubber was a little harder due to not being in its intended temperature range.

Uploading one more vid and will update post when its done.

Don't know why the photo's and links are coming up, kind of odd. Anyone got some tips?

Last edited:

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
my jb4 R loves to sit in the 12.1-12.3 territory. With some more boost, weight reduction and a perfect launch I pulled an 11.89. So you are super close.

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
my jb4 R loves to sit in the 12.1-12.3 territory. With some more boost, weight reduction and a perfect launch I pulled an 11.89. So you are super close.

Yea I think with more favorable track conditions, and no headwind (40km/h) she will go 12.0's-11.9's hopefully. I also think the drive out to the strip didn't help with the heat soak situation of the intercooler. :)

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Should be running 11.6-11.8 @ 116-118mph with Unitronic Stage 2.

2016 Golf R
Unitronic Stage 2 ECU + TCU
11.55@118.5mph on race gas, street tires, seats removed.

2017 Golf R
11.68@115.4mph on pump gas, street tires, and a full weight vehicle.

2017 Golf R
11.77@116.6mph on pump gas, street tires, and a full weight vehicle

2016 S3
11.80@116mph on pump gas, street tires, and a full weight vehicle.

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I don't doubt it, they also probably weren't facing the conditions my car was. 40km/h headwinds and shitty unprepped tracks usually don't work out in favour of setting good times. I've been racing AWD's for over a decade, and by far this was the worst I've ever had one get out of the hole (My Talon would hook 1.5XX's all day). Like I said, cold R compounds and a crap track with a headwind probably hurt the times by a few tenths.

zerocal1

Passed Driver's Ed
John. I’d be happy to test the ecu and tcu tunes to compare and see if those numbers compare. &#55358;&#56618; The ED tcu tune is broken and would like to see what you all have. I loved it in my GTI.

Mk72015

Ready to race!

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I actually did my services on my DSG and Haldex this past weekend. When I pulled everything apart and was looking my haldex filter was clogged badly, fluid had lots of clutch material in it, and my DSG was down a half litre. I'm figuring the car was probably under performing slightly due to the state of the drivetrain.