GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
The hoses and clamps that came with my Magic were fine just make sure to clean the hoses with isopropyl and tighten the shit out of the clamps. Actually, one of the OEM ones I took off destroyed itself during the removal process so I'm glad I ended up getting hoses. The screw for the OEM worm clamp backed itself right out of the clamp entirely while loosening it. Never seen that before... was kind of odd to witness because the clamp didn't loosen up even though the screw was turning then pop the screw falls off.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
... Actually, one of the OEM ones I took off destroyed itself during the removal process so I'm glad I ended up getting hoses. The screw for the OEM worm clamp backed itself right out of the clamp entirely while loosening it. Never seen that before... was kind of odd to witness because the clamp didn't loosen up even though the screw was turning then pop the screw falls off.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me, so I have one OE hose/ clamps, one CSK Performance hose/clamps. Reason I re-used one of the stock hoses is because the supplied hose was pinched compared to the stock, which was easier to install and stayed properly formed. I could have worked out the pinch but it was very difficult working with the new hoses and getting them on and seated correctly and I was just done with the project. I still have it in case anything happens to the stock hose.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Where did rumor start that the Magic clamps where shit? People... They are t-bolts. Next.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Where did rumor start that the Magic clamps where shit? People... They are t-bolts. Next.

Agreed. I clean most parts that go through a molding process to remove residue before installation. The clamps are good; even kept two from my Magic on my IE install. If you want cheapo crap, look what IE includes with their IC.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
The clamps really aren't the best tho. The construction of them seems to be 2 piece where the bolt gets pulled through. If you buy clamps from "SiliconeIntakes" you will see what some really good clamps look like. Solid, single piece construction that doesn't deform under heavy clamping force. These should be just fine though for most people.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I agree they're not the best but definitely better than a stamped worm gear clamp that chews up the silicone coupler. :)

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Just installed my IC and everything bolted right up! No trimming or filing on this end! Does what it needs! Ambient Temp at 84F and kept IAT at 90-95F I’ll run some logs as soon as I can!

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
That cheapo crap is holding a shitton of boost on my end.

Yeah... I don't understand how people are blowing off IC hoses. Mine from my IE IC install have held for a year now. :confused:

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Yeah... I don't understand how people are blowing off IC hoses. Mine from my IE IC install have held for a year now. :confused:

They'll blow off if you don't tighten them up enough. I ended up reusing the stock boost pipes instead. Not that you'll see any difference in performance.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Because of the upgraded t-bolts your scared to tighten too much and break a pipe. Won’t happen, just crank em down. 7 mos and no hoses have come off.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I envy all of you who didn't have to grind down the IC. That was a PITA! I wish I would have just waited another few weeks, but hey, tis life! On a side note, I've gotten my hood open again and while I'm happy with that, the replacement grill from AutoGeeks wasn't the best. The red line doesn't run perfect parallel anymore across the headlights and grill, but for 1/3 the cost of a OEM replacement . . . who can tell? I'll have the How-To done here in a week and will post for anyone else who makes the same mistake as me.