GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

wz3r0

Actually had a UNI IE on order (was on sale), but got tired of waiting as it was back ordered for 4-6 weeks. Decided to cancel it since the funds could be used somewhere else in the mean time, then I would reorder when stock levels were normal. Found this thread yesterday and im excited. just waiting for another ebay coupon.

Side Note: Just realized this is my first post on here :cool:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
There's a 10% coupon now "PTAKE10NOW" capped at $50 through 4/6. Not as good as the 15% or 20% ones but better than nothing.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Didn't work for me. I believe that code is locked to 200 specified sellers.

Gotcha, sorry bud. Looks like you'll have to wait til one of the other discounts comes around.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just got my shipment in last night. Got it all un-boxed and I must say the pics on this forum do not do it justice... this thing is just a beast. On a good note too; no tabs broken or bent. The clamps were a little out of sorts but bent back into shape easily. Can't wait to get this sucker installed!

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Just got my shipment in last night. Got it all un-boxed and I must say the pics on this forum do not do it justice... this thing is just a beast. On a good note too; no tabs broken or bent. The clamps were a little out of sorts but bent back into shape easily. Can't wait to get this sucker installed!

aww too bad. you could have saved a $100 lol. :D JK. Good luck with the install!

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

Cool. Does it make you wonder why anyone would spend 800-900? ;).

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’m installing mine on Saturday, can’t freaking wait. It’s already 85f - 90f degrees here in S. Florida.:eek:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Cool. Does it make you wonder why anyone would spend 800-900? ;).

Seriously!! I was watching a youtube video of a guy installing an APR intercooler and I was hard pressed to see any real difference in build quality. Don't get me wrong I know there's more to it than looks, but for my goals I think the MAGIC will do just fine. Hoping to install it on Saturday provided the weather holds out. It's supposed to be a whopping high of 40 on Saturday here in NH.

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Seriously!! I was watching a youtube video of a guy installing an APR intercooler and I was hard pressed to see an real difference in build quality. Don't get me wrong I know there's more to it than looks, but for my goals I think the MAGIC will do just fine. Hoping to install it on Saturday provided the weather holds out. It's supposed to be a whopping high of 40 on Saturday here in NH.

Amen Brother! I’m enjoying the car just the way it is now. Maybe light weight wheels. I have a 71 corvette w/ 540 ci Merlin build in the wings when I want to scare myself. :).

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Found something interesting when I was looking at install guides... check out step #35. I was seeing these all over eBay when I ordered my backup mounting clips, but figured they were for an S4 variant or something like that. Forge seems to use them intentionally to avoid the broken clip issue.

https://www.forgemotorsport.com/?download_id=32

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Found something interesting when I was looking at install guides... check out step #35. I was seeing these all over eBay when I ordered my backup mounting clips, but figured they were for an S4 variant or something like that. Forge seems to use them intentionally to avoid the broken clip issue.

https://www.forgemotorsport.com/?download_id=32

Yep. I had those handy in addition to all the boob tube videos. Maybe I should attach to first post?

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I just thought it was interesting that those other clips you don't have to mess around w/ the plastic ears that break off so might be a nice alternative I just don't know what size bolt/washer would be required to use them. Granted, it looks like the standard clips could just be modified with a rotary tool to work the same way. As it turns out, I already have a set with the ears on hand so I'll just go with those.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
So, finally got mine installed today. Can you say “tight”. Sheesh. There’s literally no space left between radiator fan and coolant pipe. So for those of you that have been running this Intercooler, what kind of temperature difference have you been seeing? I only drove it 10 miles home, but it was 84 degrees in Orlando and charge temps were reading 308 degrees on the Accessport and IAT in the upper 120’s. What are you all getting temps wise. Particularly interested in anyone living in a hot climate’s results.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
So, finally got mine installed today. Can you say “tight”. Sheesh. There’s literally no space left between radiator fan and coolant pipe. So for those of you that have been running this Intercooler, what kind of temperature difference have you been seeing? I only drove it 10 miles home, but it was 84 degrees in Orlando and charge temps were reading 308 degrees on the Accessport and IAT in the upper 120’s. What are you all getting temps wise. Particularly interested in anyone living in a hot climate’s results.

Don't worry about it too much, it's a larger mass that takes on heat in stop-and-go traffic. (Physics: Q=m*Cp*(delta T) thing) I had Magic for a few weeks until a local deal for an IE came along. It was 84F today and my IATs were 30-50 above ambient. The Magic is worth every penny. I'm waiting on the next 90F day to test back-to-back on the same stretch of road as the Magic run. For me and my mods, there's not any difference so far.