GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Way to adapt any BOV to GTI

DubDriver171

Passed Driver's Ed
Look I know, people say its dumb and doesnt add performance. Ive read it all before. I know what I'm getting into here.

What I want is to adapt a Greddy Type S BOV to my MK7. Always liked the sound and couldnt run a BOV on my MK4, MK5, or MK6. So now that its possible I wanna look into it. The best option I have seen so far is to get the Spulen Kit and use a different valve. But I dont want to pay for a valve I'm not gonna use.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volkswagen--.-R-Models--MK7-R--2015--2.0T/Engine/Forced-Induction/Diverter-Valves/SPULEN-MK7-A3-S3-Blow-Off-Valve-Kit-Requires-Spulen-Boost-Pipes.html

So if youre like me and want the sound because racecar, then any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
DV spacer. Costs less, easier to install, looks better, same noises.

/thread

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
booba racing or torque solution

You looking at $50 - $60

Best and easiest solution to get the noises you want ;)

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
booba racing or torque solution blow off valve

You looking at $50 - $60

Best and easiest solution for BOV

Those aren't exactly BOV's (a BOV completely replaces the DV, and with our cars there is no reason to do this as it normally hurts performance). Those are the DV spacers like I mentioned. I run the Torque Solution one.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Those aren't exactly BOV's (a BOV completely replaces the DV, and with our cars there is no reason to do this as it normally hurts performance). Those are the DV spacers like I mentioned. I run the Torque Solution one.

Yes you right !
I run the torque solution spacer too and I like it so far.

DubDriver171

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve seen those adapters and actually had the forge DV spacer on my mk5. I took it off soon after because I didn’t like the sound. I really like how the classic Greddy type S sounds and was specifically looking for a way to adapt that to my MK7. The only one that sounds ok to me is the CT’S BOV and maybe the HKS one but honestly I really just want the Greddy sound.

Sound clip for reference
https://youtu.be/ATXZn2PiICI

DubDriver171

Passed Driver's Ed
It seems like a lot of YouTube videos don’t have great sound clips. Any chance some of you guys with the spacers can get done good sound clips?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
To get a true sound clip you need to hear it in person. Phone videos or your average point and shoot videos are garbage. Would need a full on boom mic and all that mumbo jumbo noncompressed lossless music audiophile stuff, and then youtube would compress the audio and make it sound bad anyway.

As far as I know compressed air makes the same sound unless the BOV is designed to change the sound of it.

It goes PSHHHHHHA, and not the STU STU STU of some BOVs.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
It seems like a lot of YouTube videos don’t have great sound clips. Any chance some of you guys with the spacers can get done good sound clips?

If you're ever passing through on I-68W and want to hear a BOV on a MK7 in person, let me know. Sound clips and videos don't do them justice