GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

AlienSP

Ready to race!
More in post 294, but:
1) Yes
2) Didn't experience, dropped right in on AC side. Two M6x10 screws down there.
3) Yes. M5x12 if making 1/16" brackets. Blind hole is 10mm deep. #10s too.
4)Yes, yellow clips. File lower internal part of doughnut where peg fits through. You'll see.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Hey guys can we get back on subject regarding the Magic / Majesty IC?!

I’d like to make a list of fitment issues with this IC which others have mentioned.

So far I’ve got :

1) possible trimming / filing of upper (driver) peg
30 mm to 25 mm

2) possible trimming / filing of lower U shape pegs for AC condenser

3) various screws and washers
Such as (4) M5x10 (i can confirm these fit the upper pegs)
#10 washer

4) spare (2) white ebay / VW knock off bracket supports for radiator / IC assembly
(These apparently are hard to remove and can break easily)

Help out in mention important things I’ve missed so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More in post 294, but:
1) Yes
2) Didn't experience, dropped right in on AC side. Two M6x10 screws down there.
3) Yes. M5x12 if making 1/16" brackets. Blind hole is 10mm deep. #10s too.
4)Yes, yellow clips. File lower internal part of doughnut where peg fits through. You'll see.

would either of you or someone else be willing to make an official parts list or tips to put in the front of the thread? I honestly want to be able to open this thread and see exactly what I need order/prepare for.

afman916

Ready to race!
would either of you or someone else be willing to make an official parts list or tips to put in the front of the thread? I honestly want to be able to open this thread and see exactly what I need order/prepare for.

I'm all for this as well - mine's arriving March 30th and I'll likely try to install relatively soon after that. Happy to help out (research, whatever) however I can to get a parts/tips section going.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Currently making a Word document with parts and a few things to do.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'm all for this as well - mine's arriving March 30th and I'll likely try to install relatively soon after that. Happy to help out (research, whatever) however I can to get a parts/tips section going.

Currently making a Word document with parts and a few things to do.

Wonderful! here take this upvot....oh wait

jk
Thanks, I'll try to get some video/photos when its my turn at the end of the month

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Currently making a Word document

TwoCans

Has anyone let the seller know about the issue with the filing that has to be done on that peg?

I've been talking with them over the past few days. If someone could take some pics/measurements of their driver's side peg before they file it down (full length, and silver machined section), it might help my argument.

Currently they're claiming the peg is supposed to be 27mm total, with the machined part for the bracket being 17mm. I don't know how that would ever fit on this car. Even when I had it at ~25mm it still didn't go in, even with a lot of grunting. I filed it down a hair more to ~24mm and the bracket literally snapped into place with zero effort.

I actually took pics of everything I picked up from ACE, but I didn't make my own bracket (just had the washers). Not the cleanest solution here:
https://imgur.com/cNU6TZj

4 M5x10 for the top condenser--though the top hole was closer to 8mm on mine, so I had to double-up on washers. Would've gotten 2 10mm and 2 8mm if ACE had any 8mm:
https://imgur.com/Lvvu7ZA

I used 2 set screws for the bottom condenser--in hindsight, slightly worried about the mechanical stability:
https://imgur.com/YsmJQ8R

6 of 3/16x1 1/4 washers (again, had to double up on the top, if the top screws fit perfectly I could've gotten away with 4):
https://imgur.com/wpPtOFV

Honestly, given the amount of trouble I had with the IC I'm glad I dragged it into the store to try out hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some variability in the length of screws required.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Honestly, given the amount of trouble I had with the IC I'm glad I dragged it into the store to try out hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some variability in the length of screws required.

To clear up confusion. I can go buy these parts

or just use these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/x2-White-U...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Or is it a combo of them all?

I haven't actually seen an IC in person. It looks like we are all focused on securing it well at the top of the unit.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Update : I sent the Word document to Oldschooldmk7 so that he can add it in his 1st post on this tread!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Update : I sent the Word document to Oldschooldmk7 so that he can add it in his 1st post on this tread!

How is he supposed to open it? He saves money by using notepad.exe instead of buying Office.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Lol! OpenOffice is still a thing right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't know about that bro, I'm just a lowly brand scumbag.