GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7R 7.5 PERFORMANCE PARTS

LeoA86

Ready to race!
Will the parts pretty much still be the same for say like the down pipes, exhaust and intake? Reason I ask is because I am thinking about getting a new face life when it comes out and removing my existing parts (all bolt ons) on to the new mk7r 7.5.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Will the parts pretty much still be the same for say like the down pipes, exhaust and intake? Reason I ask is because I am thinking about getting a new face life when it comes out and removing my existing parts (all bolt ons) on to the new mk7r 7.5.

Tail pipes have slightly different spacing so MK7 catbacks won't work.

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed

DPs, Intake, suspension should be the same.
Exhaust, bumpers are going to be different.

You going from or to manual? I had a manual and I am not impressed with DSG so far...But mind you I only have 100 clicks on it.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!

You going from or to manual? I had a manual and I am not impressed with DSG so far...But mind you I only have 100 clicks on it.

What don't you like about the DSG?

KyleKisstro

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait how is the exhaust different?

Edit: Nevermind looks like they are farther to the sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeoA86

Ready to race!

Yes i want to go to a dsg since the manual is a bit disappointing to me, maybe i should drive a dsg first before changing. I just don't like the random clunky shifting feel of the manual. Plus the dsg is a bit faster, and i don't feel like spending extra flow to upgrade my clutch if and when i want to go stage 2. So i take it the cat back exhaust i have currently will not work on the new 7.5? Oh well.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Yes i want to go to a dsg since the manual is a bit disappointing to me, maybe i should drive a dsg first before changing. I just don't like the random clunky shifting feel of the manual. Plus the dsg is a bit faster, and i don't feel like spending extra flow to upgrade my clutch if and when i want to go stage 2. So i take it the cat back exhaust i have currently will not work on the new 7.5? Oh well.

Keep in mind, instead of installing a clutch, you need to upgrade the TCU software because of the increase in torque...it's still cheaper, but keep it in mind or you might have larger problems down the road with the DSG clutch packs

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
What don't you like about the DSG?

Well, one could not like its unrelenting mission to get up to 6th gear as soon as possible, almost irrespective of road speed, or its reluctance to downshift for slower turns. Nothing kills drivability like finding yourself at 37 mph in 6th, the engine ready and eager for...nothing. It's a triple whammy: low revs for minimal torque, the turbo has spooled down so no boost, and any torque you might manage to have is minimized by the high gear.

Fortunately that can be fixed with a TCU tune, which while not inexpensive still runs well under half the cost of the uprated clutch that VW inexplicably doesn't fit to the manual R.

Neil

admiralackbar

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, one could not like its unrelenting mission to get up to 6th gear as soon as possible, almost irrespective of road speed, or its reluctance to downshift for slower turns. Nothing kills drivability like finding yourself at 37 mph in 6th, the engine ready and eager for...nothing. It's a triple whammy: low revs for minimal torque, the turbo has spooled down so no boost, and any torque you might manage to have is minimized by the high gear.

Fortunately that can be fixed with a TCU tune, which while not inexpensive still runs well under half the cost of the uprated clutch that VW inexplicably doesn't fit to the manual R.

Neil

Race mode (or even S mode on the DSG) fixes most everything that you mention no? I am not trying to convince anyone to drive DSG (drove stick all my life, 47 years old) but I quite enjoy it. I found that in the new 7-speed DSG box, it really only goes to 7th when cruising at speed on the highway. As soon as you blip the throttle it downshifts so it is not hunting to get into 7th at any cost (never drove the 6-speed so can't comment on that).