GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling for straight e85...?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
E85 is $1.59 per gallon versus $2.69 for premium where I live. Really if you add back in the extra $1.10 per gallon savings and use that to buy more corn you are really not losing as much mpg's versus pump as you think. ;). Just filled up around e75. Smells so much better than pump by far. Trying to be green and catless... lol.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
E85 is $1.59 per gallon versus $2.69 for premium where I live. Really if you add back in the extra $1.10 per gallon savings and use that to buy more corn you are really not losing as much mpg's versus pump as you think. ;). Just filled up around e75. Smells so much better than pump by far. Trying to be green and catless... lol.

What does your injector and fuel pump duty cycle look like on E75?

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if there are any active e85 stations in the tri-state area (MD, DE, PA)? I've gone to 3 so far using google searches to find stations and none of them actually carry it anymore

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Just bumping this good ole subject back to the top.

I’m getting ready to run a full E85 set up on my 15’ S3. I currently have all the good bolt-ons running a triple UM tune. Bluewater Performace in Denver will be adding the Precision Motorworls port injection kit with 1200CC injectors, walbro 450lpfp, and UM software and fuel sniffer.

We’re at 5200++ elevation with only 91 octane in Denver so I’m excited to get a healthy bump from the set up.

I’ll keep anyone posted that is interested!

-cost is about $3,800 all-in

Xdpker

Ready to race!

Jesus, you lucky SOB. At $1.10 / gallon savings, you're actually saving money by running e85 assuming a 2 mpg hit. Where I'm at, it's about a 50 cent difference. Did the calculations and I'm spending an extra three to four bucks per fill-up using an e25 mix.

zoominms3

Ready to race!
Up from the dead.
OldSchool any updates long term on running such high ethanol content?
e50 seem to be optimal still?
have you ever logged any parameters such as AFR?