GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Go water/meth it helps a lot with heat and shit gas. I have the same garbage gas as you in Yuma arizona

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve looked into that and had it on other cars. It works wonders. But I really don’t want to be tuned for it and risk a system failure and cause engine damage.

Also it seems our meth entry point doesn’t actually net much octane boost since it’s almost all evaporated before it gets to the engine. But IAT control for real.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
That’s great info, thanks. I asked a master tech friend who is mod friendly and he says VW didn’t design our cars for ethanol use. I’ll have this car for awhile so I really don’t want to go through fuel components anytime soon. I know a lot of people have used it for years but I’m torn. Here’s one I took previous at 27/91.

I’ve been told Maestro can clean a lot of this up. I made a lot of power on other cars with our gas so I have to say it’s possible to make plenty on 91

https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/is38-26-psi-91oct?log=0&data=1&zoom=0-53
That log looks clean also. It looks like you let off the gas and got back on it. I noticed the boost curve fell and the accel. pedal pos. decreased. Try the base Maestro file set at 91/24 and go from there. If you don't like it or encounter issues, you can always flash back to the file you're currently using

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
That log looks clean also. It looks like you let off the gas and got back on it. I noticed the boost curve fell and the accel. pedal pos. decreased. Try the base Maestro file set at 91/24 and go from there. If you don't like it or encounter issues, you can always flash back to the file you're currently using

You are right, the turbo made that fun surge noise when losing it up lower rpm.

You think the base file is better than adjustable untouched like you said?

These pulls were both like 55-60F ambient. The others at about 78F had -4.5 on 6.5 degrees of timing which was concerning.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Base file is more aggressive for sure.....i have logged both.....torque higher on maestro base file...car feels more violent...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Base file is more aggressive for sure.....i have logged both.....torque higher on maestro base file...car feels more violent...

So if I change from Stg 2 adjustable to Stg 2 base Maestro, can I adjust octane/PSI just like the adjustable file before I get a custom Maestro? Been waiting on my IC install to get the Maestro custom tune.

rafycotto

Ready to race!
So if I change from Stg 2 adjustable to Stg 2 base Maestro, can I adjust octane/PSI just like the adjustable file before I get a custom Maestro? Been waiting on my IC install to get the Maestro custom tune.

Yes, you can. no even has to pay for maestro credits for use base file.

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
So apparently there's a new Stage 1 DSG file that came out recently and I wasn't aware of it. Any pros/cons or is it basically the same thing, but no stg2 available?

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
SoB I have been wasting a lot of time and fuel on the adjustable map :mad:

Getting this file is under Maestro I assume? It’s not with the other stage 1,2 etc files.

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
stg 1 file has been flawless for me...are u still stg 2?
Nope I switched to the stage 1 with raised shift points. The file that was available back when the stg2 file came out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk