GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI Clubsport YouTube channel (shameless self promotion)

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Wow thanks guys, really appreciate the positive feedback. Beat me to even posting it up.

Link is here for everyone else https://youtu.be/17OYY4dzMFY

Slightly longer video this one at 10 mins. As sprinks mentioned, this one is about installing Clubsport S LCA bushes. As well as a failed attempt at installing CSS hub carriers.

What I didn't mention in the video is the fallout from creating it.

1. Broke the headlight leveller bolt when re-attaching. Thats either a $100 part to replace (second hand) or I'm going to try and drill out the bolt that attached to the bracket and fit a seperate bolt.
2. Punctured a tyre driving out of my car space to go on a test drive. Didn't see that I left a torx bit on the ground due to the floor being filthy from all the crap that falls out when you pull stuff apart
3. Forgot all about import duty and taxes when I ordered the parts from cars245 and didn't tell them to change the value on the courier documents. So was slogged $360 in taxes and fees and other crap. Made the hub carriers a very expensive purchase.

I felt pretty deflated after all that and spending about 7 hours working on the car. But hey thats all part of the fun right?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Just looked up the cost of that tool you mentioned for the engine support. That was a bit pricier than i expected tbh. It looks to be a clever bit of kit though. GOod to hear the bushings appears to tighten it all up. I've certainly considered this as a longer term swap for my daily instead of bumping up to poly bushings.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Just looked up the cost of that tool you mentioned for the engine support. That was a bit pricier than i expected tbh. It looks to be a clever bit of kit though. GOod to hear the bushings appears to tighten it all up. I've certainly considered this as a longer term swap for my daily instead of bumping up to poly bushings.

Yeah it was a bit costly but does the job well. I was actually surprised how far you actually need to shift the engine to get the bolt out. It is certainly doable without the tool though.

Bushes worked out really well. Was just on track on the weekend (spoiler for next video) and picked up a whole second vs the same setup 2 weeks prior. That wasn't just a hot lap either, was consistently averaging a second faster. Only difference was the bushes and a slightly different wheel alignment (zero toe up front). So the theory checks out. Not losing as much camber when loading up the wheels and increased cornering grip and speed.

I'm only a second slower than some heavily modified R's running on better tyres. So pretty pleased with that.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
New video out. Talking about VW going all electric. https://youtu.be/TzXdzbMp-dI