GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another is38 victim

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Idk I adjusted it it by and and feeling the wastegate then it passed the adaption, I never did it via voltage. No logs I can adjust it up
what codes. also why not 3.6v?

logs?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Adjusted it to 3.604

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did you loosen the downpipe to make sure at that voltage the wastegate is closed and has no movement? At that voltage, my IHX600 had movement, so I had to tighten it quite a bit more than that
Had the dp off. It was about were it was before. I found that the couple popped down up on the intake

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Problem fixed car seems to run ok. Feels so much stronger than my is38, base map 91oct. Slider and 25psi

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Problem fixed car seems to run ok. Feels so much stronger than my is38, base map 91oct. Slider and 25psi

Take it easy, verify everything is safe and knock free, double check for leaks, top off coolant, etc.

Then enjoy!!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Take it easy, verify everything is safe and knock free, double check for leaks, top off coolant, etc.

Then enjoy!!
I am......kinda,,, it's so hard lol I am though unless provoked, already had a ST rev on me lol, he wont do that again

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I just installed the fuel it kit and apparently I was running e50, kinda surprised cause I never had any fueling issues. Gotta run this fuel out of the tank with this eqt

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry I’ve only had my mk7 for a few months trying to catch up to speed here.

So the longevity of the EGT and the LH turbos is proving to be better then the stock is38?? I’m not looking for max power but main concern is reliability of the turbo if I’m going to uprade.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

So the longevity of the EGT and the LH turbos is proving to be better then the stock is38?? I’m not looking for max power but main concern is reliability of the turbo if I’m going to uprade.
Neither one has been out very long but littco has a proven track record and EQT has been tested and is back by a great company and customer service the more that get out and the more they get beat up will tell, there are more and more being sold, I would say confidently that year both are more reliable than is38

Hoon

Autocross Champion

An IS38 isn't a bad turbo if the power goals are kept reasonable.

If you crank it up like many of us have (myself included) you're on borrowed time.

If you want to make 350whp or so, it's a great option. Cheap, responsive, and will tolerate moderate boost pressure. If you want to make 400, it's the wrong tool for the job. It'll do it, but not forever.

drrck

Go Kart Champion

I'm running my IS38 on 23 PSI and it has way more useful power than my IS20 did running 25 PSI. I plan on keeping it running moderate boost and it should handle it just fine.

For my use (DD and HPDE) I've got way more power than I have skill at driving anyway (even after 12 HPDE sessions with this car).

I will say that the IS20 is more "fun" around town with the massive torque down low. The IS38 pulls smoothly all the way to the top more or less.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

railroader

Autocross Newbie