GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exterior color ~ help me flip a coin...

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Every third car on the road is silver/gray/smoke/fog/smog/blargh. Go with the blue.

I've posted this elsewhere before, but I totally agree. And every third car wasn't a bad guess; 22% of new cars in 2016 were gray or silver. 76% white, black, gray or silver combined. Come on people, have some fun with your color choices.

jplrk

Re #32, I don’t disagree about mixing it up, color-wise. I appreciated that my night blue TDI, while not drastically different, is a off the norm. On the other hand, unlike my former husband, I wouldn’t have an Audi A4 wrapped in purple.
I think some classic colors are, well, classy.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Re #32, I don’t disagree about mixing it up, color-wise. I appreciated that my night blue TDI, while not drastically different, is a off the norm. On the other hand, unlike my former husband, I wouldn’t have an Audi A4 wrapped in purple.
I think some classic colors are, well, classy.

I'm glad to hear you divorced someone who purple wrapped an A4. Whatever your situation is now, I'm sure it's a step up.

jplrk

I'm glad to hear you divorced someone who purple wrapped an A4. Whatever your situation is now, I'm sure it's a step up.

Ha!:D The divorce came first, then the purple wrap. We buy/service our cars at the same dealership & the crew there definitely did find it...unique.

~ Colleen

jplrk

The silk blue is a nice color for a lady and is not as common.

It definitely strikes me as a female color. (Apologies to some of you guys out there!) I'm very much a woman (last I checked), but a guy's girl, and that color doesn't seem to fit me. But hey, the two (of my five) sons I polled think I should go for silk blue. We'll see...!

~ Colleen

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I'm a guy and would have taken the Silk Blue if it was available for the GTI. Wish VW did a Silver Blue or the Coral Blue that Samsung use in some of their phones (can you tell I like blue?).

As someone else mentioned, the Silk Blue stands out a bit from the crowd without screaming look at me. But if neither Silk Blue or Tungsten Silver are your thing, why don't you ask the dealer to transfer a Golf in the colour you like from another dealer? (Assuming you are not somewhere super remote/rural).

jplrk

But if neither Silk Blue or Tungsten Silver are your thing, why don't you ask the dealer to transfer a Golf in the colour you like from another dealer? (Assuming you are not somewhere super remote/rural).

Yep, it'll be a transfer regardless. My dealer only has black, white & platinum gray on the lot. Silk blue & tungsten silver (and tornado red, I believe) are in the relative region.

~ C.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Proof that silk blue is a ladies color.
Even advertisers know.
They know everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro