GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Very easy to remove, just pull the pin straight out from the underside with needle nose pliers. It pulls out from the bottom side, not the top side. The holes are different sizes.

Installing was a bit more difficult though, I had to slowly trim some plastic from the little stop-tab on the steering wheel with an exacto knife to get a perfect fit and slide the pin back in. You won't know what I mean unless you experience it yourself.

Not difficult to do, just an awkward angle to get at it to trim with the steering wheel mounted in the car. About 15 minutes of minor plastic trimming of the little tabs that retain the paddles and some wiggling to get the pin back in so it works like butter.

The more expensive versions may not require the plastic tab trimming and just pop right in. It really was a minor thing though.

The arrow points at the slot where the trimmed plastic tab I'm talking about goes into if you have a problem aligning the pin on installation-

I did mine today....I used a dremel to get it to fit. All in....I do get a little bit of play in these compared to stock (not dangling around play, but may be millimeter to 1.5).....others have the same experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tclap2136

Passed Driver's Ed
Washed it up, dropped on VWR springs, installed factory mudguards and new tires! Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 225/40/18. It was a good week. Probably going to try and get an AWE Touring cat back on Black Friday. Also hooked up with a good local German car shop who installed the springs.

My wife really likes my wheels so I kept an eye out and someone locally was selling a set with Kia/Hyundai TPMS sensors for $200. Couldn't pass that up! I just "re-purposed" the factory Pirellis and used them on hers. I like the look of the black spline lugs on the Opal Konigs on the Kia so I ordered spline lugs for mine. Gonna have those put on when I get an alignment this week.

I like the color of those wheels man. Is that gunmetal by chance?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Installed new badges a few days ago to celebrate my 1-year GTI anniversary, finally getting around to posting it.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Very nice. Sportster CS? How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.

Yes Sportster CS. Actually I can’t say how much I paid because I got them through a friend’s friend’s shop who is the only Recaro distributor in the east coast. Can’t really throw the cost out there for obvious reasons. Sorry.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Had my new Federal 595 RS-RR tires mounted and balanced. Put them on,.will be autocrossing them this weekend.

205 50r15 mounted on old Jetta 15x6 steelies. Tires definitely run wide and live up to their rep of being noisy.

Bought them on ebay a couple months ago with a 15pct off coupon : $294 for 4 tires, shipped.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I went Trick-or-Treating........bbbbiiiiiggg score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikkelz_za

Ready to race!
Replaced the dead pedal/footrest

The most difficult thing was trying to get hold of a T20 torx screwdriver. :D

I love what it looks like, especially from a distance as I get into the car. The pedal itself is narrower than the stock so it did feel a bit strange at first. But I am already used to it after a couple of days.