GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Tried out my new tires at the racetrack.

High Plains Raceway in Colorado.

Best lap time of the day; 2.13.3. The car is mostly stock, just a DinanTronics piggyback running +4psi on 91 octane. Totally stock brakes, fluid and suspension. Firestone Firehawk tires. I'm driving fairly aggressively in the turns, but going really easy on the brakes.

https://youtu.be/SZ7qW4pyQyQ

My feeling from tracking the car a few times now is that the tires were a huge improvement, but the car needs better brake fluid and a rear swaybar. I'll do both soon.

Navi

Autocross Champion

New shift knob! I drove semi trucks for a number of years and got used to a higher up shift knob. I like it like this way better. Plus it looks bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't rock this in my car, but it's cool as fuck. I want to drive this set up.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Soooo...I was able to snag a part that will be out in a few months. 034 Motorsport reverse carbon weave fresh air duct. She is a beauty. I will let you guys in on fitment and overall look.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Soooo...I was able to snag a part that will be out in a few months. 034 Motorsport reverse carbon weave fresh air duct. She is a beauty. I will let you guys in on fitment and overall look.

So does this pull in air from both sides, but only lets air through on the intake side?

Any idea on price?

Plain plastic would be nice. No need for the fancy CF.

Navi

Autocross Champion
what the hell is reverse carbon fiber weave.. are they trying to say the pattern goes left instead of right? This is a thing? Also just noticed that is is open to the engine compartment like the OEM air duct. So this is just an oem one made in CF basically.. wonder how much they will rape for?

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
Washed it up, dropped on VWR springs, installed factory mudguards and new tires! Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 225/40/18. It was a good week. Probably going to try and get an AWE Touring cat back on Black Friday. Also hooked up with a good local German car shop who installed the springs.

My wife really likes my wheels so I kept an eye out and someone locally was selling a set with Kia/Hyundai TPMS sensors for $200. Couldn't pass that up! I just "re-purposed" the factory Pirellis and used them on hers. I like the look of the black spline lugs on the Opal Konigs on the Kia so I ordered spline lugs for mine. Gonna have those put on when I get an alignment this week.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Open to the engine compartment = fail.

Not a fail...look at the design, the right side feeds straight to your intake. Wide open, straight in. The engine gets air as well with its own opening. Check the last pic and look at engine side vs intake side.

Elwood

3-7-77
Not a fail...look at the design, the right side feeds straight to your intake. Wide open, straight in. The engine gets air as well with its own opening. Check the last pic and look at engine side vs intake side.

Yes, fail. If you're stuck in traffic it will pull air from the engine side. Doesn't help with heat soak. I modified mine in the exact same fashion, then used an OEM part to block the hole facing the engine compartment.

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!

Bought this S as my daily one-way commute went from 3 miles to 26 miles (a worthwhile job change). I was driving a lifted Jeep Wrangler with 35” tires and because some of my work is in climate, I just couldn’t do the 14 mpg (hwy) anymore.

Got what I thought was quite a good deal ($7000 ish off sticker). I’m finding the GTI to be a way more enjoyable drive than expected, and I had high expectations.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!

Bought this S as my daily one-way commute went from 3 miles to 26 miles (a worthwhile job change). I was driving a lifted Jeep Wrangler with 35” tires and because some of my work is in climate, I just couldn’t do the 14 mpg (hwy) anymore.

Got what I thought was quite a good deal ($7000 ish off sticker). I’m finding the GTI to be a way more enjoyable drive than expected, and I had high expectations.

Congrats! Your cornering capability just skyrocketed. (You’re off-roading just...poof.)

Looking at the Jeep, you like to mod a bit. Be prepared to give 3-4K of that sticker savings back. ;). It’s a slippery slope.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Yes, fail. If you're stuck in traffic it will pull air from the engine side. Doesn't help with heat soak. I modified mine in the exact same fashion, then used an OEM part to block the hole facing the engine compartment.

I believe this may play to the ear of surroundings. I rarely see any traffic where I live. I am in SE Alabama in Dothan and most roads are backroads. Traffic to me is stopping at a redlight for 1 turn. It would be a nice thing to have for me. Like I said, I have 1of 8 of these air ducts. I will let you guys know how it looks and drives.

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
Congrats! Your cornering capability just skyrocketed. (You’re off-roading just...poof.)

Looking at the Jeep, you like to mod a bit. Be prepared to give 3-4K of that sticker savings back. ;). It’s a slippery slope.

You are, perhaps, far more correct than you realize. I’m already rationalizing-away some of that discount.

And then there is this:

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
I have a thing to share for once! Put on the ST rear sway bar yesterday with some help from my more experience with wrenching roommate. Really not a hard job even for a noob. Well it would have been if it weren't for the internet obviously.

Drove around some right after and again just now and it's definitely a noticeable improvement. Rear end wants to play more and overall the car just feels a little tighter and more planted. Still not quite as planted as I really want it to be, but better. Hopefully what I still feel is a little missing will be taken care of if I ever actually upgrade the springs.

Still driving around with stock tune, I really sometimes wonder whether I could use the extra power in normal driving. The car still surprises me sometimes with how fast it can be even after a year and a half of ownership. I do have a turbo muffler delete for whatever that's worth.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Threw it on a dyno! My tune isn't done yet, but it's running very cleanly and there was a $60 dyno day at a shop 1 mile from my house, so I couldn't resist. 303hp on a mustang dyno isn't bad; nice flat torque curve too. They didn't have anywhere near enough airflow on the front of the car though, it lost 10hp to heat soak each run after.