GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another is38 victim

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ya I was planning on it anyway uh. Maybe I can find away to flush the ic on the car
yes. and charge pipes if oil got that far. it sucks. sorry.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Hi. Looks exactly like mine. Make sure you remove a charge piping, intercooler and anything around there, clean extremely well as there is tons of material around. Also I dropped the oil pan and cleaned up everything, and pick up tube. It sucks and it takes time but you'll thank yourself in the long run. I did about 3 oil changes and 3 filters. Been running the Tomioka without any issues.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Hi. Looks exactly like mine. Make sure you remove a charge piping, intercooler and anything around there, clean extremely well as there is tons of material around. Also I dropped the oil pan and cleaned up everything, and pick up tube. It sucks and it takes time but you'll thank yourself in the long run. I did about 3 oil changes and 3 filters. Been running the Tomioka without any issues.
Thanks ya I plan on doing all that. Eqt will be shipped out tomorrow

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Some powder came out of the charge pipe pre ic, not really any oil anywhere yet.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Either way the IHI turbos aren’t known for reliability

Your IS20 keeps eating up the tuned miles like a champ!!

I hope I didn't jinx you just now.. :eek:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Not too bad, looks like most of the damage was on the exhaust side.

A little charge pipe cleaning, I'd drop the oil pan and double check that for debris, flush out the oil return line, oil change and slap that EQT on there.

Prime it by cranking without starting as usual, rock and roll baby!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Not too bad, looks like most of the damage was on the exhaust side.

A little charge pipe cleaning, I'd drop the oil pan and double check that for debris, flush out the oil return line, oil change and slap that EQT on there.

Prime it by cranking without starting as usual, rock and roll baby!

Ya, ordered a pan gasket last night and I'll start cleaning, I'll pull the throttle pipe off just to take a gander up higher and, probably try and clean out the ic on the car. I'm going to scope the cylinders. Pull the exhaust down and shake it out to try and get the wheel out if its stuck somewhere. Where did you get your hpfp from.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ya, ordered a pan gasket last night and I'll start cleaning, I'll pull the throttle pipe off just to take a gander up higher and, probably try and clean out the ic on the car. I'm going to scope the cylinders. Pull the exhaust down and shake it out to try and get the wheel out if its stuck somewhere. Where did you get your hpfp from.

You're Maestro right?

Skip the HPFP, do the PR 450 LPFP and the PR port injection kit.

You guys just got the ethanol slider too for on the fly adjustment...and the big turbo is begging for full E85. ;)

In total you'll only spend about $500 more to do port injection, and you'll have A LOT more fuel available and you'll never have to worry about carbon buildup again. I really wish i had the option.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I told him to do mpi when he had the manifold off, but nooooo..... :D
Lmao I'm not made of money, I'm just an old railroad worker.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You're Maestro right?

Skip the HPFP, do the PR 450 LPFP and the PR port injection kit.

You guys just got the ethanol slider too for on the fly adjustment...and the big turbo is begging for full E85. ;)

In total you'll only spend about $500 more to do port injection, and you'll have A LOT more fuel available and you'll never have to worry about carbon buildup again. I really wish i had the option.
ues I'm maestro. I would love to but at the same time full e85 isnt really logical for my daily driver, my closest e85 station is a 130 mile round trip, so I have a 55 gallon drum with a pump in my garage I fill up, full e85 just wouldn't be practical. And right now I agree that it's only 500 more and would make more sense but that 500 is a lot right now lol, just dumped 1800 on the turbo kit, just bought fuel it, built my exhaust, so the savings of 500 right now will help. I dont know how much e I can run with the stock fueling on this turbo and 91oct sucks