GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

black plastic b pillar

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Unless the trim is severely damaged or broken, I would fix the scratches by wet sanding / compound and polish it.

Once the scratch is gone, protect it with a 3M/Expel Paint Protection film on it.

Those trims are so much prone to scratches and is a finger print magnet.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Wet sand? Whoa no. That's last resort. Always start least aggressive. I would try a light polish first. Then a compounding polish if the final/light polish didn't work. After that you'll have to finish with a light polish to remove any micromarring induced from compound. Lastly you could try wet sanding but I wouldn't recommend that on plastic.

-professional detailer many years ago

SM075180

Ready to race!
Wet sanding here is way way way too aggressive an approach.

If something scratches easily it will also polish easily. So unless you have deep scuffs and/or gouging in the trim leave the sandpaper in the garage.

Just find a bottle of the softest cut polish you can and you’ll be looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
A few over here have had them vinyl wrapped as it seems to be harder wearing than the plastic.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
This has been answered plenty of times but i can't find the threads haha.

I plasti-dipped mine matte black after a month of having the car. If I looked at it the wrong way, the b-pillar would scratch. I just taped off and masked the car and sprayed them in my driveway. 4 or 5 coats. 2.5 years later they still look great but with some discoloration where I touch them close the door sometimes. I think I'll re-do them in the spring.

As mentioned before, many people use PlastX with great success. That would probably be your easiest option

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I want to find a part number for them, or at least the removal method. i bet there are some hidden screws under the window seals like other cars i have worked with.

yup, each pillar has 3 torx screws, found this video. not mine.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
After you clean them up, wrap them in paint protection film.

I fought swirls on these on my MK6 GTI and MK6 R to no end. On my MK7.5R I wrapped them as I don't want to deal with it anymore. That plastic is so soft looking at it from the wrong angle will scratch it.