GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XENON RETROFIT

joaogui91

Hi guys!
I'm tryin to swap the OEM halogen headlights for the OEM led/xenon headlights, not the replicas or chinese model.
I just found a few problems.
I don't know if any of you have already tried and gave up or not.

-Bought the pair of OEM led/xenon headlights on ebay.
-Bought the adaptor from car4style

I've already replaced the headlight, but the adaptor have 2 differents cables from each side that I have to install inside the car(driver footwel) on the central module BCM. Ok. But the pins that the install guide says is empty.:confused::confused::confused:

To sum up:
Installed without those cables in thought that only the leds will fail until I research and correctly install them. But the xenon is not working too.
The xenon works perfectly with the engine off, when turn on the engine the xenon starts to blink without stop.:mad::mad::mad:

I will continue with the retrofit, and will post some pictures, videos and links to help if someone is with me.
If someone have any information that can helps please do it!

Sorry for the english (lol):):):)

kevinm1

Ready to race!
You need to code xenons in the BCM because the xenons take less power than the regular halogens.

Leandro Queiroz

Hi guys!
I'm tryin to swap the OEM halogen headlights for the OEM led/xenon headlights, not the replicas or chinese model.
I just found a few problems.
I don't know if any of you have already tried and gave up or not.

-Bought the pair of OEM led/xenon headlights on ebay.
-Bought the adaptor from car4style

I've already replaced the headlight, but the adaptor have 2 differents cables from each side that I have to install inside the car(driver footwel) on the central module BCM. Ok. But the pins that the install guide says is empty.:confused::confused::confused:

To sum up:
Installed without those cables in thought that only the leds will fail until I research and correctly install them. But the xenon is not working too.
The xenon works perfectly with the engine off, when turn on the engine the xenon starts to blink without stop.:mad::mad::mad:

I will continue with the retrofit, and will post some pictures, videos and links to help if someone is with me.
If someone have any information that can helps please do it!

Sorry for the english (lol):):):)

Olá João, conseguiu fazer o retrofit? Estou na mesma situação. Eu tenho os faróis originais e os adaptadores, mas liguei e só funcionou a seta. Nem DRL nem Xenon. To pesquisando e parece que vou ter que trocar a BCM do carro, mas só quero trocar tendo a certeza de que funcionará antes de troca.

Quais resultados conseguiu?

Abraços

-- // --

Hi João, did you do the retrofit? I'm in the same situation. I have the originals xenon DRL headlights and the adapters. I tried to connect in my car, but didn't work. I think I need to change my BCM, but I need to know if it works before swap.

What did you do?

Thank you

vrod

Ready to race!
You need to code the "xenon with shutter" option in BCM. Also, the 2 wires you need to run to the BCM is also for the shutter most likely. Did this on a previous golf but should be the same on mk7.

wob005

wob005
Car(s)
Golf mkV (proudly)
Hello,
Do you still have problems with the xenon lights? or okay joaogui91 sure you need to code,
I am going to buy a pair of OEM led/xenon headlights but I need to know for sure that I can install them, I need to change the BCM and buy the adapters too,
Can some body help me please before I spend near 1000euros!!

Graham_908

Hello,
Do you still have problems with the xenon lights? or okay joaogui91 sure you need to code,
I am going to buy a pair of OEM led/xenon headlights but I need to know for sure that I can install them, I need to change the BCM and buy the adapters too,
Can some body help me please before I spend near 1000euros!!

I want to buy the same lights that the gtd gti and r have to my mk7 gttdi. Is it simple as 1 in 1 out and do you have a link where I could buy them from?
Thank you

SoLiTeR

A BCM Pinout I Found Shows that the right headlight Xenon shutter goes to Socket B pin 22 and the left one to 23
Hope it helped ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk