GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
I assume this question fits in this thread.

My 2016 MK7 has a strange odor near the pedals on the driver side. Best way to describe it is musty/sour. Having a hell of a time pinpointing what it is.

Bought the car used from a reputable dealer in the Chicago area. No flood damage according to them nor from what I can tell. A couple months after purchase I was cleaning the interior and found a sludgy substance on the plastic underneath the steering wheel. So I’m assuming that was missed when they cleaned the interior?

Curious if anyone else has encountered this and what I can do to get rid of the odor. Note: it can only be smelled if I’m in the area near the pedals not from a driving position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People909

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what the vacuum line beside the secondary air injection hose is for? I'm going to take the stock air box out & insert a 3" outer diameter steel exhaust pipe into the stock piping and then a conical filter onto the other end of the steel exhaust pipe. Use a small breather for the SAI, so my question is where would I, or what would I do with the vacuum line?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know what the vacuum line beside the secondary air injection hose is for? I'm going to take the stock air box out & insert a 3" outer diameter steel exhaust pipe into the stock piping and then a conical filter onto the other end of the steel exhaust pipe. Use a small breather for the SAI, so my question is where would I, or what would I do with the vacuum line?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11337

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Mods - please, enough already.

That should be ban worthy language, no?

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

People909

Ready to race!
Mods - please, enough already.

That should be ban worthy language, no?[/QUOT
Nah whoever replies to me with these bs answers should be banned.

I'm asking a question on the "stupid questions" thread......because it's probably stupid to most people, but I don't know the answer to it....So if you people really have nothing better to do than waste your time, and mine with this bs, then you definitely need to get a life.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I mean i personally talked to this kid a few days ago and told him to come to this thread to get stupid questions answered, but the way he responds to people has made me see enough. I can see about 20 different infractions. I hate banning people but enough is enough. He only got a 1 month ban, next time will be permanent.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sensible approach. Thank you both.