GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 6MT Clutch Update "Poll"

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yeah Baby! Been waiting for this... Make sure you slam throttle wide open at 55 mph in 6th. Keep doing that 8-10x to check for slip. Lol.

Yes isn't that how you properly test? ;) I'll make sure to launch from 2nd and 3rd too and just dump it hard. That's how you avoid wheelspin right? Lol

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Turbo went on today so I'll keep everyone posted if it starts to slip :)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I did a 10psi light pull today and it was much more linear. My IS20 always seemed off or on and didn't feel much power until you got above 10psi it felt like. I was planning on writing a post once I've had some proper time to get on it, I'm just trying to be gentle and check for leaks for a couple days :)

As for install, it took 10 hours. I could probably do it in 6 or less again. I took my time and figuring out how to remove all the oil/coolant lines was tricky. I only removed the oil feed from the block and the rest from the turbo (took the feed line off entirely first). Mk7gti has youtube videos on it which definitely helped prepare and I called him a couple times I ran into issues (aforementioned lines and something else I don't remember). It really is an easy swap though.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I did a 10psi light pull today and it was much more linear. My IS20 always seemed off or on and didn't feel much power until you got above 10psi it felt like. I was planning on writing a post once I've had some proper time to get on it, I'm just trying to be gentle and check for leaks for a couple days :)

As for install, it took 10 hours. I could probably do it in 6 or less again. I took my time and figuring out how to remove all the oil/coolant lines was tricky. I only removed the oil feed from the block and the rest from the turbo (took the feed line off entirely first). Mk7gti has youtube videos on it which definitely helped prepare and I called him a couple times I ran into issues (aforementioned lines and something else I don't remember). It really is an easy swap though.

Good stuff and thanks for update. Start a new thread and keep us posted!

Interesting you say not feeling your old turbo much below 10 psi. I feel mine pretty good right around 3 plus psi. In fact, regular driving I rarely need to go over 2-4 psi. If not in a hurry my car can accelerate at at light throttle and zero boost actually. But, at wot it does ramp up quickly.

I'm sure once over 4000 rpms the difference is night and day though. :).