GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bumper retrofit

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Btw here's a photo of it painted with the trim pushed in a bit. Ignore the odd ornaments [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

figgy1

Ready to race!
Btw here's a photo of it painted with the trim pushed in a bit. Ignore the odd ornaments [emoji23]

Your making progress anyway Daniel. Heard the trim pieces are very difficult to remove but looks like fitting them is also a pain in the ass! Persevere and you will get there. Bumper looks great. Its going to be beautiful fitted.

RJ798

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting question man, Im definitely gonna have to do this too at some point, anyone know if the rear bumper diffuser for the GTI is a straight swap with a TDI MK7? This is what i mean as I wanna get the rear looking like the GTD/GTI. Glad to hear you're from Northern Ireland I am too ;)

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Your making progress anyway Daniel. Heard the trim pieces are very difficult to remove but looks like fitting them is also a pain in the ass! Persevere and you will get there. Bumper looks great. Its going to be beautiful fitted.
Still struggling getting them in, might need to take a dremel to the clips, will try with a bit of wd40 first and maybe, hopefully!
I don't like how exposed the lower grill is, gaps are way too big, too easy for stones to get in there! I'm going to buy some black honeycomb plastic and attach that some way, will match the left and right honeycomb trims too. Couple of other bits on the white that i want to wrap black too, but might wait until the paint is properly hardened

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Interesting question man, Im definitely gonna have to do this too at some point, anyone know if the rear bumper diffuser for the GTI is a straight swap with a TDI MK7? This is what i mean as I wanna get the rear looking like the GTD/GTI. Glad to hear you're from Northern Ireland I am too ;)
I'm not too sure, it would make sense that the parts can mix and match, easier for manufacturing but really don't know, the main bumper doesn't look any different to me. That would be some cost doing the exhaust too. Where in NI you from?

RJ798

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not too sure, it would make sense that the parts can mix and match, easier for manufacturing but really don't know, the main bumper doesn't look any different to me. That would be some cost doing the exhaust too. Where in NI you from?

Co. Down bud, yeah the exhaust would just be a case of getting the dual exit then obviously the rear diffuser for the exhausts to come out of, but we shall see.

figgy1

Ready to race!

I swapped out my diffuser on a TDI to a GTI Clubsport diffuser and it was a straight swap. I presume the normal GTI diffuser will be exactly the same as well.

Extreme VW

Ive done both mk7 R and MK7.5 R retrofits on my TDI. By far the MK7 is easier. As stated there are many parts needed for the 7.5, many you dont see from exterior

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Those photos not showing up.

This arrived today, plan on mounting it in behind the R grills to stop stones, hoping it will blend in nicely

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Ive done both mk7 R and MK7.5 R retrofits on my TDI. By far the MK7 is easier. As stated there are many parts needed for the 7.5, many you dont see from exterior

Are the headlights OEM? If so, guessing you opened up the headlights and changed the color of the line. Do you have the part numbers by chance for the 7.5 light/bumper/fender retrofit?

They look amazing!

--

Pics aren't showing up correctly btw. Fixed them for you below

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Ah that's cool, the orange goes well with that colour.
I was never sold on the mk7.5 front but you might have changed my mind!

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
This has been a long time coming but here's me trying on the new bumper! It still isn't fully assembled but i've put it on to see if it can help bring the bumper into it's normal shape and maybe make it easier to put the tray on!