GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Corrupting SD Card

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
short of putting stuff on it and using it idk (prob but?) when mine failed I couldn't even format it. Have you tried using it on computer b4 putting in car, also are you using an adaptor, or is your music DRM protected.

I will say this older guy loves the card and having this much music easily available

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
IMPORTANT & UNMENTIONED:
How did you format the card?

You should format it as ExFat and see if that resolves your problem. It resolved playback issues I was having with lossless files on my cards.
Agreed.

Also, removing and reinstalling the card once or twice can even resolve the issue, too.

Xyphire

IMPORTANT & UNMENTIONED:
How did you format the card?

You should format it as ExFat and see if that resolves your problem. It resolved playback issues I was having with lossless files on my cards.
I did not know I needed to reformat the card. Thought it was a drag n' drop n' go kind of deal. Any special program needed to format into ExFat, or windows 10 can do it?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
put card in computer R click on card, format (+1 on ex-fat) many cards come formatted but not all...all data on it will be lost!!!!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I did not know I needed to reformat the card. Thought it was a drag n' drop n' go kind of deal. Any special program needed to format into ExFat, or windows 10 can do it?

Win10 and MacOS can both do it in their respective disk management apps. As was said by Strange Mud, all data will be lost.

Xyphire

Okay, dumb question incomming. What "Allocation unit size" should I be using? Default is 128kb. And it is in FAT32.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Xyphire

So formatted to ExFat, loaded it up with ~200mb of mp3 songs, still says some are corrupt, haven't plugged it into the computer yet, though. I did buy it off Amazon, and some have been saying they were getting crap ones, not as advertised, etc.

When the other card comes in next week hopefully it fixes it. So we'll see how the one from Best Buy is.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
So formatted to ExFat, loaded it up with ~200mb of mp3 songs, still says some are corrupt, haven't plugged it into the computer yet, though. I did buy it off Amazon, and some have been saying they were getting crap ones, not as advertised, etc.

When the other card comes in next week hopefully it fixes it. So we'll see how the one from Best Buy is.

Bummer. There are definitely fakes on Amazon. They don't meet the advertised size/spec or are just junk all together.

I have a few inexpensive ones that have been fine though. Transcend, Silicon Power, and Patriot have all worked for me.

Xyphire

Received the one from Best Buy. Loaded it up with same songs. Works fine, no corruptions.

Other one is a crap SD card that I cant use in my car evidently, but I can use it for other things.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
thx for update. amazon or seller may make it right for you, I got my Samsung card replaced 2 yrs after purchase with no hassle. They even paid UPS both ways!