GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Current is not 60/6//5. There was a small patch in regard to code reading.

The safety map has also been changed now. If the JB4 looses OBD signal it wont add any boost. We have done this to assist the stacked guys for safety purposes. Meth will still remain active no OBD in map 6 so this will help guys logging with Maestro, Cobb or VCDS to get their flash tunes right.

I downloaded the firmware update from post three of the JB4 thread on N54tech in the VW EA888 gen 3 thread.

Which file should we be on? The file I downloaded & updated to was:

VW_JB4_OBDII_6B.hex

This also explains my boost exceeding the boost limit of 26psi. I have logs where it was working previously to hold boost. It didn't put me into failsage or MAP4 previously either. Just held my set max.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I verified that my 2017 was not reading any codes.

I posted two errors. 431A & 3AD2. The second looks to be fuel rail pressure. This error must occur due to the BMS PID not reporting fueling back to the stock ECU.

In regard to the logs, it looks as if the vehicle is receiving enough fuel from the LPFP. LFPF numbers look more than acceptatble (although I guess we do not see load). I am wondering if the LP fuel rail sensor cannot handle this density of fluid. This is irregardless of actual fueling.

I am wondering if this is similar to having an improper MAP pressure sensor when pushing above 4 bar. The sensor is going to throw a code.

Jb4 cant max out fueling. Your issue is FOL 65. Cant run that on North American GTI. 60 is max.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Jb4 cant max out fueling. Your issue is FOL 65. Cant run that on North American GTI. 60 is max.
I had remembered seeing your posts about this. Dropped it back down immediately. So far, so good on fueling. Trims just a touch higher and no code.

roystr

Ready to race!
Originally Posted by roystr View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this thread is over 300 pages long. lol

Can someone confirm that these are the default values for map 6? I'm the 2nd owner of this unit and the previous owner can't remember if he messed with these values are not.

1500: 15.0
2000: 16.0
2500: 17.0
3000: 18.0
3500: 19.0
4000: 20.0
4500: 20.0
5000: 20.0
5500: 20.0
6000: 20.0
6500: 19.0
7000: 18.0

Car is a bone stock 6MT.

Roy
Probably, but they are irrelevant. Fine down low and too strong up top for a stock car.

Diggs,

I just got my new APR downpipe installed. Should I stay on map 1, go to map 2, or can I move to map 6 with the above settings? I saw an earlier post where someone with a downpipe went from map 1 to map 2 and you didn't like the map 2 result because a bunch of timing was being pulled. I can get 94 fairly easy via mixing with E85 or buying it at the pump from a nearby station.

Thanks,
Roy

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Diggs,

I just got my new APR downpipe installed. Should I stay on map 1, go to map 2, or can I move to map 6 with the above settings? I saw an earlier post where someone with a downpipe went from map 1 to map 2 and you didn't like the map 2 result because a bunch of timing was being pulled. I can get 94 fairly easy via mixing with E85 or buying it at the pump from a nearby station.

Thanks,
Roy

If you are going to run E30 then by all means go to map2 and beyond.

1500 - 0
2000 - 1
2500 - 2
3000 - 2
3500 - 3
This will keep stock clutch happy

Now we pour on the boost
4000 - 5
4500 - 6
5000 - 7
5500 - 6
6000 - 6
6500 - 6
7000 - 5

roystr

Ready to race!
Great, man. Thanks. I commute about 400 miles/week, so about half the time, I'll be running pure 91. I ran my data cable into the car, so it's fairly easy for me to switch maps. I was thinking maybe map 1 for 91 gas and map 2 or 6 for 93?

I assume once my Sachs clutch goes in next month, I can raise 3500 and below up and enjoy the torque/drivability that the DSG guys get.

Roy

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Great, man. Thanks. I commute about 400 miles/week, so about half the time, I'll be running pure 91. I ran my data cable into the car, so it's fairly easy for me to switch maps. I was thinking maybe map 1 for 91 gas and map 2 or 6 for 93?

I assume once my Sachs clutch goes in next month, I can raise 3500 and below up and enjoy the torque/drivability that the DSG guys get.

Roy

map 1 is a stretch on acn91. it shouldnt knock or anything. itll just be slow.

after new clutch is broken in add 2 psi onto all of first section.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I ran into some weird issues with Map 6 with additive values. Car would lurch in lower gears and when I would give it some throttle it would hesitate, engine would shut down completely on its own approaching red lights. As I pulled off to a side street to change the map I got a random backfire that scared the crap out of me. Scanned with the JB4 and got a 3B18 which I'm assuming is a misfire in cylinder 2.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I ran into some weird issues with Map 6 with additive values. Car would lurch in lower gears and when I would give it some throttle it would hesitate, engine would shut down completely on its own approaching red lights. As I pulled off to a side street to change the map I got a random backfire that scared the crap out of me. Scanned with the JB4 and got a 3B18 which I'm assuming is a misfire in cylinder 2.

looks like map2? did you update firmware recently?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
map2 is fine? motor was turning itself off?

odd. id contact george

Map 2 is great, but I had experienced the lurching with no throttle response previously when running Map 2 with 91 gas and got a CEL/EPC light. This time was far more severe with the motor turning itself off. I'll give him a shout.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
George sent me the following settings after my first map 2 logs:

1500 15
2000 16
2500 18
3000 20
3500 22
4000 23
4500 21
5000 19
5500 18
6000 17
6500 16
7000 16

Did some logs:

https://datazap.me/u/ahorvath94/2nd-logs?log=1&data=1-4

What do you guys think?

The very first pull was kind of "choppy" but it was the very first pull since firmware update and map change. I did about 30 pulls since then it was all very smooth.

Just sent updated logs to george hoping to go more aggressiveeee