GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Valve cleaning cost?

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I just did about 18 miles straight @ 4800 rpms in 3rd. Put it in 4th and hammered it and surprise surprise a puff of black crap came bellowing out on uphill pull. Italian tune up at 17k now completed. ;). FYI, this probably works best for catless as I doubt I would want all that carbon buildup going into cats myself.

Damn idk if I have the heart to do that to my car the constant rpm that is.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Damn idk if I have the heart to do that to my car the constant rpm that is.

Your just heating up the valves. This ea888 3 can handle that no problem. Lol. Car actually felt better after doing it.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I want to try this product. My car has 64k miles so its way overdue for valve cleaning but want to use this for the mean time.

If you're going to try one mechanic in a can, that's the one.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, how many miles do you have on yours?

Just under 17000. But, do a lot of short trips. I’m sure a walnut blast is the best way to clean them. Doubt I will ever go to that extent though.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Had carbon cleaning done over weekend. Was done as a side job from ex vw tech and now mercedes tech. Walnut blasting plus dsg serice cost me $400. 65k miles with no catch can or water meth. Car does seem to idle and drive a little smoother after service.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I do the full 10K mile factory oil maintenance schedule, and basically run the car in full-time Italian tuneup mode for the last 500 miles of each oil fill. I drive over 2 hours every single day, so it' basically 2/3 days' worth of driving between 65 and 85 in 3rd and 4th respectively.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Had carbon cleaning done over weekend. Was done as a side job from ex vw tech and now mercedes tech. Walnut blasting plus dsg serice cost me $400. 65k miles with no catch can or water meth. Car does seem to idle and drive a little smoother after service.

Yours honestly does not look that bad for 65k in the first pic. That was a good deal for dsg and valve cleaning.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Probably 80% of the time.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
EGR, slight overlap of intake and exhaust valves lead to this. Catch cans and the like do almost nothing for buildup. They'll keep your intercooler and charge pipes nice and clean though.

Hell I ran a healthy quantity of direct port methanol immediately after valve cleaning and still had decent buildup 20k miles later. I bought a harbor freight blaster, the 3d printed BMW n54 port adaptor, and did it myself. Spent maybe 90 bucks on tools and had sparkly clean valves afterwords.

STL? I will probably do the same. What did you use? PETG, ABS, PLA?