GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water/Meth Injection kit for APR stage 2?

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Wow that is pretty significant! I’m def leaning towards it right now. How hard was install?
Install is easy, hardest part for me was figuring out how I wanted to mount my tank, I made a bracket that holds the tank and pump as a unit and I concealed all the tubing and wires pretty much, but install is not back just follow instructions

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed
Install is easy, hardest part for me was figuring out how I wanted to mount my tank, I made a bracket that holds the tank and pump as a unit and I concealed all the tubing and wires pretty much, but install is not back just follow instructions

Any issues with buying used WMI and JB4 Tune??

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any issues with buying used WMI and JB4 Tune??
I don't see why there would be, just clean the filters prior to install and clean them every so often after

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Mine is set up in the trunk. Gave up some cargo space for a 3gal tank.

Im not sure I would recommend running a hotter tune (timing wise) with the meth, but using it to lower IAT and as a safety net against a bad tank of gas is totally fine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

TroyI

Ready to race!
Question for Meth users:

I have APR Stage 1 93octane tune..... Could I run Meth with only Stage 1 and no DP or any other mods? I know APR has the 91 and 93 octane tune, would meth mess that up and cause engine issues.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Question for Meth users:

I have APR Stage 1 93octane tune..... Could I run Meth with only Stage 1 and no DP or any other mods? I know APR has the 91 and 93 octane tune, would meth mess that up and cause engine issues.

You can, and there would be gains. But, that isn't the correct modding path. You should be essentially FBO before installing meth, imo.

TroyI

Ready to race!
You can, and there would be gains. But, that isn't the correct modding path. You should be essentially FBO before installing meth, imo.

I get that. I'm planning only spending money on one more mod. DP/stage 2 tune....or Intercooler....or Meth (if it's doable with what I have).

Thanks for your reply Jay

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I get that. I'm planning only spending money on one more mod. DP/stage 2 tune....or Intercooler....or Meth (if it's doable with what I have).

Thanks for your reply Jay
You can, I had dp and stuff when I bought my meth, i bought meth before ic strictly to help with iats for stupid arizona summer heat cause it was cheaper than the i.e intercooler and it helped a lot. You can run it on a stock car fine for cooling no problem.

TroyI

Ready to race!
You can, I had dp and stuff when I bought my meth, i bought meth before ic strictly to help with iats for stupid arizona summer heat cause it was cheaper than the i.e intercooler and it helped a lot. You can run it on a stock car fine for cooling no problem.

That's the reason I want it... TEXAS HEAT.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That's the reason I want it... TEXAS HEAT.
It will help a lot with the help but ultimately an ic with the meth will yield much better performance, the meth was a good "bandaid" for the 115-120 days you and I have to deal with. I'll go back and see if I can find some of my logs from last summer when I had meth no ic and on jb4 is20 turbo

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you have one without the meth or ic?

BTW, I really appreciate you helping me out.
I'm sure I do but I'll have to look. That one above is with stock ic. I look and see what I can find. I don't know if I have any without meth in the summer heat but I'll see what I can find. You can't go wrong with the meth as a cooling agent.