GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The EA211 (1.2TSI, 1.4TSI, 1.5TSI) engine mods reference topic(pic heavy)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
This board is mainly about people with the 2.0 and 1.8T engines, and aftermarket options for the EA211 are still a bit scarse... I decided to create this topic to gather all stuff I know about the EA211 engine when it comes to modding. This post will be updated whenever there's something new to add.

ECU changes/Piggybacks/flash-tunes/remaps
Placeholder for ECU tuning/upgrades and stuff.

Air intakes
At the moment, not a lot of companies have a EA211-compatible intake available. The following are the ones I know of:

MST:
Cold air intake system

Note: Although this one looks all right, it has no no direct connection to the front air inlet.

Ramair:
JSK 114 makes one specific for the Ibiza. It doesn't seem to fit to the Golf because of the battery placement.

This does not put the filter in a place with cold air.

Tweek performance:
Cold air intake

This is a very basic "filter on a stick" design, placed in front of the cold air inlet in the front.

Forge:
Forge currently has no intake for the engines above 1.2 yet, but it looks like the 1.2 one also fits the 1.4, going over the top of the charge pipe.

Arma:
Arma is offering a carbon fiber airbox+filter, which is described and reviewed in this topic.

Drop-in filters
Placeholder for filters

*more to come*

Dump valves

Forge:
Forge FMDV1

Forge is offering a charge pipe replacement, as well as a boost-tap to control the dumpvalve.

Aliexpress
I found the following on Aliexpress, offering a replacement of the charge pipe that has room for a dump valve. Be aware: Buying cheap pipework like this in China isn't that risky, but when it comes to complex things like dumpvalves... better stick to the proven brands. This is a pressurized area, and you don't want to end up with parts of a cheap valve in your engine internals ;)

They are selling in black and silver, dump valve not included.

Last edited: