GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf VII GTI muffler on standard Golf. Does it fit?

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
So, today I fitted the muffler on my car and it is great but I have a slight problem. The exhaust came with vacuum cutout valves and I have no idea how to connect them. Any help would be very appreciated.
I attached two photos where you can see the system and the install on the muffler.

Attachments

• 785EA828-1BF0-4CBD-A59C-BB0CCAD57785.jpeg
    785EA828-1BF0-4CBD-A59C-BB0CCAD57785.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 3F735BD6-3851-4B93-9CE1-1B54587E62DC.jpeg
    3F735BD6-3851-4B93-9CE1-1B54587E62DC.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 541

kimyoung8484

Passed Driver's Ed
update:
I finally installed GTI catback on my 1.8 TSI.

Most challenging steps:

1. taking diffuser out from the TSI
so many clips and it took two of us 30 min. solution -> more force :) just enough to not break the diffuser but we really had to pull it. also sticking very thin flat head screw driver from the outside while pulling the diffuser really helped.

2. finding a right size adapter
it took me forever to find a right size as local store was only selling 2.5inch or 2.25 inch adapter. In the end, I had to improvise with the clap to seal the gap.

Overall, it took us more time than we thought. Youtube video seemed so easy but I guess nothing really goes as planned :) I am very happy with the result and it looks pretty good, IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0160 (1).jpg
    IMG_0160 (1).jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
update:
I finally installed GTI catback on my 1.8 TSI.

Most challenging steps:

1. taking diffuser out from the TSI
so many clips and it took two of us 30 min. solution -> more force :) just enough to not break the diffuser but we really had to pull it. also sticking very thin flat head screw driver from the outside while pulling the diffuser really helped.

2. finding a right size adapter
it took me forever to find a right size as local store was only selling 2.5inch or 2.25 inch adapter. In the end, I had to improvise with the clap to seal the gap.

Overall, it took us more time than we thought. Youtube video seemed so easy but I guess nothing really goes as planned :) I am very happy with the result and it looks pretty good, IMO.
Looks good! I went similar route but also installed GTI downpipe to avoid any adapters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

setterlee

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good! I went similar route but also installed GTI downpipe to avoid any adapters.

Do you have a golf mk7 with what engine? I have the mk7.5 with 1.4 tsi engine and I want install the whole gti exhaust in my car without any adaptation too...

I don’t know if the downpipe fits well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Do you have a golf mk7 with what engine? I have the mk7.5 with 1.4 tsi engine and what install the whole gti exhaust in my car without any adaptation too...

I don’t know if the downpipe fits well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 1.8T and GTI turboback bolts right up. I'm not familiar with 1.4T engine so can't confirm whether GTI exhaust would fit.

CozzaFrenzy808

Does anyone know if the Stock GTI downpipe gives out any error codes on the 1.8tsi?