GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 JB4 Epc light

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Hello , i own a 702T revision is20 ... cts catless downpipe and i was shifting in 3rd with 75% throttle and my epc light came on but disappeared WITHOUT restrarting the car... can it be the is20 wastegate problem ? or is it because i have jb4 no tune with a downpipe?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hello , i own a 702T revision is20 ... cts catless downpipe and i was shifting in 3rd with 75% throttle and my epc light came on but disappeared WITHOUT restrarting the car... can it be the is20 wastegate problem ? or is it because i have jb4 no tune with a downpipe?

Sure it wasnt traction control lighting up? Why not throw a code reader on it and see whats up? or use the jb4 built in reader

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Sure it wasnt traction control lighting up? Why not throw a code reader on it and see whats up? or use the jb4 built in reader

i had traction on but it was epc light ... the car was limping like it was on 2 cylinders... and the epc light was bright and clear ive had these issues forever but usually it aays misfire 2 ... this time no code and i give it another boot just now and it happen same thing epc light + (now)check engine ... then CEL disappeared ... but epc light stayed ... i turned off car check no codes. U think its cause im hitting 22.5 psi with 94 octane that contains E10 and im using FOL 75 also i have boost by gear ... 1st 12 psi , 2nd 17 psi and 3rd 0 psi... maybe my cylinders are misfring because its colder tonight and the boost is to
much and my cylinders are misfiring? I havent honestly logged this
map yet fully ... ive taken it from another memeber but its been perfect for 1 week so far full throttle.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Also can it be the jb4 gti issue where you overboost on shifts ... i dont like auto shift boost reduction it would reduce my boost to low when i shifted instead of shifting into boost and i hate it respooling.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!

lol i know this would backfire on me like that ... just i didnt see numbers as to aggressive ... but its been doing amazing lollogging is coming soon ... ontario laws u cant log anywhere without risking a 7 day impound ... but the no fault code still can that reflect anything?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
See if wastegate arm is loose, if it is then the bearing there is going out and time to upgrade to is38

ill post a video soon of the sound ... my is12 was super lose when touching and it never threw an epc light that disappeared without restartinf the car... also whats RMS?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
since its been 1-5 degrees celcius outside since toronto got cold the past few days i believe my spring/summer map set up is overboosting.

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to my world... So I have something similar but thought it was my Uni tune. I switched fuels, flushed through two fill ups at sonoco going for minimal ethanol; was using shell pretty much exclusively.

I ended up disconnecting my JB4 and stopped getting limp mode, however at about the same place I was getting limp mode my car sorta bucks but doesn't throw a light. When scanning the light was overboost which prompted the "WTF" in my mind.

I have RS7 Plugs and RS3 coil packs that I'll be installing in the next week or so. Past that it is on to the clutch to verify that it isn't slippage, causing some type of weird overboost; but that doesn't even seem plausible.

So ultimately I think I'm working with a very similar issue to you but I was stacking. No stacking, no light, but weird issue that feels like a misfire in the same range.

I'll keep you posted

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Welcome to my world... So I have something similar but thought it was my Uni tune. I switched fuels, flushed through two fill ups at sonoco going for minimal ethanol; was using shell pretty much exclusively.

I ended up disconnecting my JB4 and stopped getting limp mode, however at about the same place I was getting limp mode my car sorta bucks but doesn't throw a light. When scanning the light was overboost which prompted the "WTF" in my mind.

I have RS7 Plugs and RS3 coil packs that I'll be installing in the next week or so. Past that it is on to the clutch to verify that it isn't slippage, causing some type of weird overboost; but that doesn't even seem plausible.

So ultimately I think I'm working with a very similar issue to you but I was stacking. No stacking, no light, but weird issue that feels like a misfire in the same range.

I'll keep you posted

Why not post some logs? Aren't you running ACN91 down there? Not sure how one could stack on that crap......Mods? IC?

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
we run 93 down here. I have DP, Intake, and IC. As I stated coils and plugs waiting to go in. anything else you would like to throw shade with? Would like the full list of mods I've done, or just the ones related to power?