GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

bludragon06

Ready to race!
I just put this in my GTI. I love it. As others have said the feel of the car doesn't add much NVH. Great addition to my car. I have noticed that from a dead stop my car does not wheel hop/spin tires as easy. Im DSG and have a downpipes, APR complete intake. I am also JB1 tuned as well. Will be going JB1-JB4 upgrade and playing with the maps. We will see how the dogbone mount will work out.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
I've seen that some people have found their insert was bent or malformed after awhile.
I was under my car the other day and checked mine out. No warping or anything after about 20k miles at stage 2. Still performs great, one of the best mods for the $ IMO.
Maybe the people this happens to aren't installing or torquing properly? Maybe they just thrash their cars...

'17 Night Blue Metallic GTI Sport 6MT | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | Boomba short shift adapter and knob | VWR downpipe, intercooler, turbo inlet pipe, & turbo muffler delete | AFE drop-in filter | AWE track catback with Vibrant 1750 resonator | Cobb AP, tuned by 5150

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
The IE insert looks like a better design, but I thought people were having issue with the poly bushings breaking apart?

I currently have the 034 insert, but I'm a bit worried about running this at the track. Thinking about switching.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The IE insert looks like a better design, but I thought people were having issue with the poly bushings breaking apart?

I currently have the 034 insert, but I'm a bit worried about running this at the track. Thinking about switching.

I don't think I've heard of anyone with an insert (BFI, Neuspeed, IE, etc.) being squished out or cut. There were some issues with the full puck replacement (revo) breaking.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I don't think I've heard of anyone with an insert (BFI, Neuspeed, IE, etc.) being squished out or cut. There were some issues with the full puck replacement (revo) breaking.

I have the BFI one and it tore apart. It was vibrating and making all kinds of weird noises. Finally looked at it and it was ripped and missing peices. I replaced it with the 034. Much better.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I have the BFI one and it tore apart. It was vibrating and making all kinds of weird noises. Finally looked at it and it was ripped and missing peices. I replaced it with the 034. Much better.

I stand corrected.

Navi

Autocross Champion
irony of the story is that i had first purchased the 034 mount and then read stories about it bending, so I left it in my toolbox and purchased the bfi insert. Turns out the bfi insert took a shit on me so I went to my toolbox and installed the 034 mount lol.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
irony of the story is that i had first purchased the 034 mount and then read stories about it bending, so I left it in my toolbox and purchased the bfi insert. Turns out the bfi insert took a shit on me so I went to my toolbox and installed the 034 mount lol.

Did you have motor/trans mounts at the time? I'm thinking the more engine stability you've got, the less likely any one mounting component is to fail.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
That’s the stage one, correct? I have the stage 2 and wonder about its life span.

Navi

Autocross Champion
to add to that ^

it was rattling around like a bitch making all kinds of noise. Right now I am using the 034 v2 insert. It has way less vibrations at idle than the BFI insert. Shifts feel about the same, but I'm also using 034 motor and transmission mounts. I'll probably just keep running the 034 insert and replace it with another one if it gets too bent or beat up. I would like to replace the whole mount with a superpro mount but I'm not sure if they sell that piece alone or only in their 3 piece mount package.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yes. It helps to reduce some slop without any added NVH. It does not replace an insert though. I believe based on the design, but don't know for a fact since I've never run the insert alone, that it reduces the amount of NVH added by an insert, due to less movement making its way to the insert.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hockey

Ready to race!
I finally ordered this. Can anyone add any information about long term effects?