GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5 Tailight Mod coding?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
It's fairly easy to code that using OBDEleven. It's basically just changing some options in the adaptations menu for the appropriate taillight channels.

SpoolDude

Passed Driver's Ed
...you do realize that your question was actually answered. No need to get passive aggressive. You didn't ask for the coding, just that it requires coding.

How much did the shop charge? I hope nothing, because they probably did it in 5 minutes as all you have to do is copy the settings from the outer light channels to the inners, which would have been set to just parking lights.

You asked a forum that people who come on don't live on here 24/7, plus this is probably one of the lesser viewed section of the forums, then got impatient when no one answered a question that you didn't truly ask. Anyone on here would have happily walked you thru just how easy it is to make that change.

RoaR

My bad. I did get impatient as I was trying to get it done ASAP. I didn't have OBD11 nor android.

Well those guys charged me an hour. I am sure they are not non profit so I had to paid LOL. I also did a mirror dip coding so that was good.

SpoolDude

Passed Driver's Ed
It's cool. No biggie. Glad to hear that you got it done.

I will say, though, your post kinda made it seem like you had OBD11 lol I'd recommend picking one up as well as a cheap android tablet. Not only can it do coding, it can also act as a scan tool and you can look at live logs to figure out if something is wrong as well. You can do all that for less than 100 bucks. Then, you won't have to pay shops for coding either lol