GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
You will have to look under car

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Just stick your phone under the car and take a pic/video.

TwoCans

Another happy customer here, followed a lot of good advice here and managed to get it installed in ~15 minutes.

The improvement on my DSG is night and day. I figured the loss of traction in 1st and 2nd was part and parcel of having too much power in a FWD car, but 80% of that is gone now that the engine isn't trying to go airborne every time I floor it.

MrClubsport

I also fitted one to my Clubsport, it works, no wheel hop and no extra noise for me.

net effect is also better steering feel which was a plus point, I can feel the road more though the steering wheel.

I have only done 4 mods so far and all have been great

034 mount, Booma racing quick shift, binned the P zero for PS4S tyres, and VCDS mod for no nanny limit in 2nd gear.(drives so much nicer) but got wheel hop before the 034 mount was in after the VCDS change.

next for me is the clutch bleeder mod I think. then CSS hubs for that extra camber. NO power mods for me yet as the car cannot take power as it stands so seems pointless, power is nothing with out control ;-)
But then I have 295 BHp any way with a Clubsport.

flip7

Ready to race!
Rubber bushing holding Dogbone to subframe

hi All,

Durring an attempt to inspect and re-torque my 034 Billet Dog mount insert V2, after pulling it out, I noticed that the trapezoid metal / rubber thing inside the OEM bushing was easy to move with fingers. Not sure if any cracks in the rubber material though.

Is this the way is supposed to be, or that OEM bushing was worn/out?

My car was on a ramp, almost impossible to take a better look

Thanks in advance.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I wonder if this slop we're feeling stock was engineered in for a reason. Was it simply for better comfort, or to take stress off of other components?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I love the 034 mount and have had it in for almost 20k miles now tuned. One warning to the wise..... This dog bone mount will significantly reduce the life of your oem motor mount (and possibly trans) over the course of 10ks of miles. It puts extra stress on the rubber . However this is easily fixed and most probably won't notice until the resulting drivetrain slop gets bad.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
This happened to me. My car is a DSG and the OEM mounts we're toast after about 35k miles on the dogbone insert.

I upgraded to the 034 engine/trans and the vibration was too much. Also a lot of strange feedback from the clutch packs at low RPM.

However, just the upgraded engine/trans mounts alone are excellent. Engine slop is still very low, and the NVH is excellent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
This happened to me. My car is a DSG and the OEM mounts we're toast after about 35k miles on the dogbone insert.

I upgraded to the 034 engine/trans and the vibration was too much. Also a lot of strange feedback from the clutch packs at low RPM.

However, just the upgraded engine/trans mounts alone are excellent. Engine slop is still very low, and the NVH is excellent.

I ran just engine mounts alone without a dogbone insert for a couple weeks. When I installed my insert this past weekend there was an easily perceptible change in shift slop when downshifting and engine braking. No increased NVH from the insert at all. At least with my setup, the insert doesn't seem engaged unless the drivetrain moves a couple MM. It slid in very easily. I am guessing something with a tighter fit like the BFI stage 2 insert would add NVH. Never tried the 034 insert because of the reports of it breaking.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I ran just engine mounts alone without a dogbone insert for a couple weeks. When I installed my insert this past weekend there was an easily perceptible change in shift slop when downshifting and engine braking. No increased NVH from the insert at all. At least with my setup, the insert doesn't seem engaged unless the drivetrain moves a couple MM. It slid in very easily. I am guessing something with a tighter fit like the BFI stage 2 insert would add NVH. Never tried the 034 insert because of the reports of it breaking.
That interesting, do you drive in D at all?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That interesting, do you drive in D at all?

I mostly drive in D. My insert is the Integrated Engineering one rather than the 034. This was the order of my install and the affect.

Roc-Euro arm - no NVH added, wheelhop eliminated with all-seasons, still some wheel hop with summers. Downshift lurching coming to a stop in D still present but less severe.

Revo Engine / BFI transmission mounts - NVH added, but mostly (N), minimal vibration and no harshness. Wheel hop with summers still present, but hops were quick and mild, barely transmitted to chassis. Downshift lurching slightly reduced but still present. Cornering slop greatly reduced.

IE insert - no NVH added, cannot comment on summer wheel hop as I am back on all-seasons until spring. Downshift lurching eliminated.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
op, can you tell me which insert for my car from pic?

railroader

Autocross Newbie