GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR BBK impressions

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
I only have 2 crappy cellphone pics with them through my crappy winter wheels, but I'll post them when I learn to understand the cybernets.

Is there a tutorial somewhere someone can point me towards on how to post images to this site?

Or upload them directly from your cellphone using the tapatalk app to sign in through your profile.

Neil_79

Does anyone have any photos of the VWR BBK with the Pretorias? Also, how does the car drive/handle with the spacers fitted and is there any rubbing if the car is lowered on VWR springs?

EF_Heynen

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually, any photos from the OP would be nice. The commentary was quite eloquent, but, as the old saying goes "pictures, or it didn't happen"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Did you install the new mono block vwr bbk of the previous generation. We gotta meet up at some point so I can see all the stuff you did to your ride. I'm usually up at Hunt Valley Horsepower at Hunt Valley mall for cars and coffee every Saturday from 8 to 10. It has now been rated the largest cars and coffee in the country. Good times up there>

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
I am looking into this kit. The only negative which I saw mentioned in the BBK thread, was the weight of the rotors versus other BBK kits. VWR makes a big deal of designing this kit around the OE system so it's not supposed to be grabby, but progressive.

NAL didn't mention the issues you were having, he praised how progressive the pedal is. Interesting

I don't have any issues. I was praising the brakes. For normal driving, they feel stock, but when you get on them, the stop comes on in a hurry.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
One year later same question... will the VWR BBK fit under Pretoria wheels without spacers?
I would not think the vwr BBK would fit the Prets without spacers. Most of the folks I've seen running BBK are running after market wheels too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Brake pressure, including that electronically applied via your parking brake, is directly related to the volume ratio of the piston in your master cylinder to those in your brake calipers. If the overall volume of the pistons in your new calipers has changed (it almost certainly has), the automatic movement of the piston in your master cylinder when the parking brake is applied would also change, if the electronic parking brake/hill-hold engages the front as well as the rear brakes--I'm pretty sure they do in this case. So the altered sensitivity would likely be a function of this change in overall caliper cylinder(s) volume. Does that make any sense?
this ^

I would want to know complete specs before purchasing any BBK. Knowing
the piston diameter(s) would tell if they retain brake distribution in balance.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the VWR kit doesn't match, it's just so
important, that I want to sensitize those who consider fitting BBKs.
If the pistion area is increased over stock that would bluff some 'impressive'
brake force, while impair modulation and shift brake distribution towards the
front wheels (thus the rears brake less) as well as compromising ABS function,
resulting in prolongated brake distances. In other words, feeling impressively
doesn't always correspond to actual effectiveness.

;)

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
this ^

I would want to know complete specs before purchasing any BBK. Knowing
the piston diameter(s) would tell if they retain brake distribution in balance.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the VWR kit doesn't match, it's just so
important, that I want to sensitize those who consider fitting BBKs.
If the pistion area is increased over stock that would bluff some 'impressive'
brake force, while impair modulation and shift brake distribution towards the
front wheels (thus the rears brake less) as well as compromising ABS function,
resulting in prolongated brake distances. In other words, feeling impressively
doesn't always correspond to actual effectiveness.

;)
The 2 brake companies that I don't worry about matching out cars are VWR/Racingline and Stoptech. Racingline run them on their race cars and are specifically designed for our cars. Stoptech does the same thing to the point that the calipers and pistons are specific between the R and GTI. I've had both for prolonged periods and both are an excellent match for our vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk