GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Golf R headlights into GTI w/ LP Help

hi_centered

Hey,

New to this forum, but I did do some searching and was not able to come up with an answer. I installed OEM Golf R headlights into my GTI w/ Lighting Package. Can anyone tell me how to code it for LED turns? I have a Vag-Com and did some searching in the lighting screen and Central Electronics and did not find anything.

Symptoms:
With headlights off, DRL's turn off and turn will "strobe" when on.
With parking lights or headlights on, DRL's dim and turn works fine.

The only time I get an error is if it's cold out, headlights off or on doesn't matter. Early mornings, or late at night. My guess is the lack of heat means even less resistance for a circuit with already less of a load than expected.

Any help would be appreciated.

hi_centered

Bump because I need front turns

hi_centered

Update: I have copied the "Headlight Range" long coding from a golf r. So far no errors. If I get no errors during my commute tomorrow I will share the coding I used.

vrod

Ready to race!
In adaption, do this:

- "(1)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lasttyp 0" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
- "(6)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert AB 0" set tol "127" (Standard: 100)
- "(1)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lasttyp 1" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
- "(6)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert AB 1" set to "127" (Standard: 100)

hi_centered

In adaption, do this:

- "(1)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lasttyp 0" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
- "(6)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert AB 0" set tol "127" (Standard: 100)
- "(1)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lasttyp 1" set to "33 - LED-Modul Blinkleuchten" (Standard: 12 - Blinkleuchten)
- "(6)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert AB 1" set to "127" (Standard: 100)

Thank! I will try this in the morning

hi_centered

Coding input, I'll update in a couple days to make sure no errors appear. Thanks vrod!

hi_centered

2 days of driving and I have not seen any flickering and no reoccurrence of the error. So far so good!

hi_centered

What about high beams?

From the time I installed the lights, everything worked properly except the turns. High beams, low beams, Dynamic and DRL's. 3 days of driving now and the turn signal issue seems to be resolved.

vrod

Ready to race!
If they don't flicker when you have the car parked and running at idle, you're good. I've been using mine for about a year now. :) also, make sure they are aimed correctly.

roy2535

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done the same thing in my ROW gti. So far the DRL and the turn signals work normally. However my low and high beams, and corner lights don't work.

I've done the vcds coding as stated above. The lights appear to operate the same before and after coding. I've also swapped in the deautokey h7 bulbs for the low/high beams.

what am I missing? does anyone know what additional coding might be needed? thanks!