GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash MFD layout

Britishav8tor1

One of the big annoyances that Ive had with VW Multi function displays (MFD) is the poor lay out and use of the available screen space. Case and point. On the MK7 the total car mileage is covered up when you turn on the cruise control and the trip mileage is covered up but the fill up icon when it comes on. WHY??? there is a ton of room for these all to be seen.

So, is there anything that can be done about this. Is there a way through VAG COM or something that we could re arrange where the icons or mileage appear on the screen and also is there a way to retrieve more information (boost, oil pressure, etc.

Thoughts?

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Dont let your fuel level go low and dont drive with the cruise control on? I know Im being an ass, but it sounds like youre being a little too picky. Does it really matter if both odometers arent being shown at all times?

proton

Ready to race!
Can't agree with this, though each to their own of course. It seems to me the display has been designed by people who care; the milometer and trip counter digits rolling round, displays fading out, that sort of thing. Maybe they thought too many little bits of info on a small screen wasn't the best way of arranging it all.

spielwurfel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 2014
I have to agree with GTI Guy.
I actually think it's a question of taste. I personally have the opposite opinion of Britisha, I think that the layout of the MFD is very good and it serve it's purposes which is to provide essential basic information about the car and it's systems, and with simple controls.
I ride my car with the cruise control system ready to be activated, which means the odometer is covered. Whenever I want to know my mileage, I just turn it off and then on back again. Only two clicks once in a while.
When the fill up icon comes up, I just look at how many miles I can run and would get to the first gas station. But I do the basic and check my fuel level prior to leaving home.
Common sense, I guess.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Vortex will insult you in so many ways, I could be wrong but I see a lot of condescending behavior on that forum. Anywho I don't think that there is a solution to your problem via VCDS but who knows anything is possible, you could get a better response in the Ross Tech forum, check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk