GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG7 oil change

Artox

Hello

I have a 1.6 Bluemotion with DSG7 whitch now have passed 50.000 km.
I spoke to my local VW dealer and they say that I never should change oil on my transmission. I have read a bit about it on the internet, and some sugest that I should change it for every 50.000 km.
I know they do it on the DSG6 witch has wet cluch, and the DSG7 have dry, but it seems strange to me that a transmission NEVER need a oil change.
Anyone that got it changed, either by a dealer or DIY?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Don’t worry. It’s not necessary to change oil in DSG7 G-box.

/Peter

Artox

Thanks for the reply.

I think I wont change the oil and cross my fingers that the transmission holds (at least until I sell it)

spaniarduk

The oil in the DSG6 needs replacing because it is the one for the clutch disks. The DSG7 uses dry disks for the clutches, so no oil. Then there is the oil that every gearbox uses for the actual gears! Some manufacturers use gearboxes sealed for life, to the point that there is not even a drain plug or a filling plug to replace the old oil.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply.

I think I wont change the oil and cross my fingers that the transmission holds (at least until I sell it)

Why wouldn't it? Just because it doesn't need oil changes I'm 100% sure it's engineered to work that way. It will last as long as any other version.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
I've changed "sealed for life" gearbox oil at 100k miles and noticed an immediate improvement in the gear change. Can't do any harm and it is only a few £/$/€.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
The oil in the DSG6 needs replacing because it is the one for the clutch disks. The DSG7 uses dry disks for the clutches, so no oil. Then there is the oil that every gearbox uses for the actual gears! Some manufacturers use gearboxes sealed for life, to the point that there is not even a drain plug or a filling plug to replace the old oil.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

In this case the DSG7 has a drain plug built in (in case the box develops a leak for some reason and needs stripping down).