GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I'm about to install this as well. Yes we all know you should go twin disc stage three, blah, blah but I don't feel like waiting 8 months for it to be shipped and it's not worth the extra 500$$

Crackness1

Ready to race!
terrible junk? who hurt you radoroc?

You replied to an old post - Radoroc had issues in getting customer service from DKM at that point in time after having issues with his DKM stage 3 clutch. Since then, DKM has made an effort to reach out to those with their Stage 3 clutch who had issues and it appears that things are being worked out. It appears an issue was found with the FTE TOB being shipped with their clutch kits. They're changing the provided TOB and working it out with customers who had issues causted by the TOB.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You replied to an old post - Radoroc had issues getting in getting customer service from DKM at that point in time after having issues with his DKM stage 3 clutch. Since then, DKM has made an effort to reach out to those with their Stage 3 clutch who had issues and it appears that things are being worked out. It appears an issue was found with the FTE TOB being shipped with their clutch kits. They're changing the provided TOB and working it out with customers who had issues causted by the TOB.
That is correct he had issues and I got him some direct numbers to Clifton who has been working with people on getting the issues resolved and the main culprit with all the issues appears to be the fte tob which have since been pulled off the shelf and replaced with a better quality one

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Hello Radoroc,

We've been working hard to sort out your issues, I talked to you yesterday and we are awaiting your reply.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.
Ya Clifton that's an old post from before, prior to your recent contacts

WindyBoi

I'm about to install this as well. Yes we all know you should go twin disc stage three, blah, blah but I don't feel like waiting 8 months for it to be shipped and it's not worth the extra 500$$

I am getting one in the next month or so, probably doing it after Gingerman in June so I have time to break it in. How was your experience with DKM Stage 2 without the other stuff like bleed valve, clutch line etc?
I like the price of the stage 2 and really dont want to buy the Stage 3 for the extra 500$ when I wont go above the 360lb-ft im currently at.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I am getting one in the next month or so, probably doing it after Gingerman in June so I have time to break it in. How was your experience with DKM Stage 2 without the other stuff like bleed valve, clutch line etc?
I like the price of the stage 2 and really dont want to buy the Stage 3 for the extra 500$ when I wont go above the 360lb-ft im currently at.
Twist bought a dkm twin disc off me, he liked it till his thrust washer failed then traded in the car for a dsg

Martin398

Ready to race!
reviving... time has finally come for a clutch and I'm curious how the DKM stage 2 has held up. price is my main reason for considering this kit and I have no intention of going BT. I do not track my car and don't hit the drag strip. looking for something to hold on for spirited driving. $500 is a big jump for the stage 3 and I do not need 600ft/lbs of holding power.

WindyBoi

Twist bought a dkm twin disc off me, he liked it till his thrust washer failed then traded in the car for a dsg

Is this a super common issue? I have my DKM stage 2 sitting in my room waiting to be installed, but ive heard about the Thrust Bearing Issue from VWVortex Clutch thread? Ive had the clutch sitting around for a few months so doubt I can get a refund for my 800$ Or just I install it and just replace thrust bearing if it fails?

So far, no one has posted any long term reviews on the stage 2. Everyone who ask about it just gets replies saying go Stage 3. Which I dont want. So would like some more feedback on this.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Is this a super common issue? I have my DKM stage 2 sitting in my room waiting to be installed, but ive heard about the Thrust Bearing Issue from VWVortex Clutch thread? Ive had the clutch sitting around for a few months so doubt I can get a refund for my 800$ Or just I install it and just replace thrust bearing if it fails?

So far, no one has posted any long term reviews on the stage 2. Everyone who ask about it just gets replies saying go Stage 3. Which I dont want. So would like some more feedback on this.
The stage 3 has more clamping force which puts more load on shit, if your thrust washer goes chances are you wont be able to just replace the thrust but will be replacing the motor. You will probably be ok with the stage 2 but in all reality if its gonna go its gonna go, only way to truly get around it is to go with a dsg

Joel

Ready to race!
I put the stage two DKM in my GTI this weekend.
Previously, had installed a Sachs SRE.
In 10-11 thousand miles the new Sachs throw out bearing and new Sachs DMF were toast.
Disk was fine, didn't slip.... just knocked like a police man with a warrant...

Two days in and I have no complaints, I feel like I am going to like this clutch.
Engagment is very close to the floor at first but starts getting higher the more it is used.
Going to rebleed just for shits and giggles when I change the transmission fluid this weekend.

It uses a LUK throw out bearing, same part # LUK uses for stock replacement.

Yes it can be loud at times with the gear lash.
Doesn't happen always, but sometimes at idle it is very noticable.
So far with the AC on at idle it is always there, unless you push the clutch pedal in. ( don't hold your clutch pedal in at stop lights )

Whatever, it is much less annoying than what I was dealing with.
Have 3 bottles of Ravenol MTF-2 I am going to put in to see if it helps with chatter.

Last edited: