GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RADAR DETECTOR MIRROR MOUNT

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
I have a Uniden R3 in the GTI and V1 in the 335. The Uniden is Legit....beyond Legit. Completely programmable, GPS, and undetectable to the Cops "detectors". FWIW, I have always been a V1 guy. Back to early 2000s.

Some guy on Rennlist, when I owned the 911 I used to frequent it, said he was going to buy one. The thread probably sold 20 of them. Highly recommend. Hard wire mount it up high....life is good.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Depends on the state. In Virginia and DC they will detect, confiscate and ticket you for a detector. In Virginia, they will do the same even if the detector is not plugged in or on your dash.

People have been ticketed after they were stopped for something else, opened the glove box to get the car papers out and the cop saw a detector in there.

I thought that they stopped confiscating them a while back instead they would just give a fine for it, can’t remember where heard that, could be BS for all I know, I’m just grateful that I don’t have to drive in the DC/VA area as much as I used to and although I always used a Redline for that reason I never actually drive more than 5 to 10 over the speed limit around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb1111

I thought that they stopped confiscating them a while back instead they would just give a fine for it, can’t remember where heard that, could be BS for all I know, I’m just grateful that I don’t have to drive in the DC/VA area as much as I used to and although I always used a Redline for that reason I never actually drive more than 5 to 10 over the speed limit around there.

§ 46.2-1079. Radar detectors; demerit points not to be awarded.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth when such vehicle is equipped with any device or mechanism, passive or active, to detect or purposefully interfere with or diminish the measurement capabilities of any radar, laser, or other device or mechanism employed by law-enforcement personnel to measure the speed of motor vehicles on the highways of the Commonwealth for law-enforcement purposes. It shall be unlawful to use any such device or mechanism on any such motor vehicle on the highways. It shall be unlawful to sell any such device or mechanism in the Commonwealth. However, provisions of this section shall not apply to any receiver of radio waves utilized for lawful purposes to receive any signal from a frequency lawfully licensed by any state or federal agency.

This section shall not be construed to authorize the forfeiture to the Commonwealth of any such device or mechanism. Any such device or mechanism may be taken by the arresting officer if needed as evidence, and, when no longer needed, shall be returned to the person charged with a violation of this section, or at that person's request, and his expense, mailed to an address specified by him. Any unclaimed devices may be destroyed on court order after six months have elapsed from the final date for filing an appeal....

...B. A person shall not be guilty of a violation of this section when the device or mechanism in question, at the time of the alleged offense, had no power source and was not readily accessible for use by the driver or any passenger in the vehicle.

They ticket you for it, they take it as evidence and if you have it in your glove box then that is considered as readily accessible.

You can ask for it back (after you've paid the fine) then pay to have it mailed back to you to a non-VA address.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Lol BS confirmed they still take it. Thanks for that info.

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
VA/DC is like Nazi germany....20 over is reckless, double is a felony? Jason Werth got yanked doing 105 in his GT3 RS in DC and was awarded 5 days in jail. Either he has the worst lawyer, ever for a SUPER rich guy or DC doesn't play.

cb1111

VA/DC is like Nazi germany....20 over is reckless, double is a felony? Jason Werth got yanked doing 105 in his GT3 RS in DC and was awarded 5 days in jail. Either he has the worst lawyer, ever for a SUPER rich guy or DC doesn't play.

Parking tickets are $60. If you contest the ticket then it doubles to $120. If you lose you pay the $120

Most of DC has a 25mph speed limit and parts of I 695 are 35mph.

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
Parking tickets are $60. If you contest the ticket then it doubles to $120. If you lose you pay the $120

Most of DC has a 25mph speed limit and parts of I 695 are 35mph.

I guess it's pretty easy: don't speed. We took the family truckster (Audi Q7) up from FL to MD and PA last Summer. Had to make sure my pistol was stored properly, the RD was off and in the glovebox when needed....be a good dooby and things will work out, I guess....

cb1111

I guess it's pretty easy: don't speed. We took the family truckster (Audi Q7) up from FL to MD and PA last Summer. Had to make sure my pistol was stored properly, the RD was off and in the glovebox when needed....be a good dooby and things will work out, I guess....
Absolutely correct.

wantone

Ready to race!
Can't speak about radar detector placement, but this dash blows. I can't find a dash suction cup holder for my iPad to work at all. Just pops right off unless I put it right up against the windshield which is too far away. It's not "flat" anywhere unless near the window. I use a 9.7 inch iPad for Waze and a 12.9 inch iPad for media. The 12.9 mounts to the seat. Hope it works in the GTI as I haven't tried it yet.

These manufacturers need to base their interior on driver's needs. Probably 2-3 more 12v outlets at the minimum. 3 in front and 2 in back. And a solid flat dash for mounting anything.

Already got a crack in the windshield for a 1000 trip this week. 2 weeks into ownership. Was breaking in the car so never ever went above 80mph. Another huge weakness in this vehicle. It's been well documented. 100% true unfortunately. Ugh.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I will be on my third windshield in a year of ownership once I get sick of the recent one. I think any windshield would have suffered damage though. The impact made an incredibly loud sound.