GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It depends, I've always done best while hot lapping. Although, good luck trying to do that any time other than a rental.

It's usually one of the first three runs for me. After that your oil, coolant and IAT temps stay high. I try to let the oil cool down under 200* in between each run too.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
But wait there's more! I also managed to beat my previous best up at Sonoma today, thanks in no small part to the pleasingly cooler ambient temps we had. [
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What was your previous best time and trap? MPH seems low for the et and the is20

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
What was your previous best time and trap? MPH seems low for the et and the is20
Previous best for me was 13.575 trapped at 104.9mph. Keep in mind I run my car fully loaded, I still have all my seats and even my spare when I send it down the quarter mile. Considering that melted was running a fully stripped car with an ethanol blend I'm actually somewhat amazed how well my car managed to keep up in comparison.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Also, there was probably a 15 mph headwind last Wednesday.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Previous best for me was 13.575 trapped at 104.9mph. Keep in mind I run my car fully loaded, I still have all my seats and even my spare when I send it down the quarter mile. Considering that melted was running a fully stripped car with an ethanol blend I'm actually somewhat amazed how well my car managed to keep up in comparison.

True. He is stage 1 is12 with a jb4 stack vs your actual is20 tune. I'm guessing he is able to get more out of the top end with the jb4 and ethanol as well.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, I was helping melted dial in his tune before we went up to Sonoma and it got to a point where we were calling for 10 more psi than apr stage 1 in the higher revs. The car pulls like a maniac all the way through third gear.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
True. He is stage 1 is12 with a jb4 stack vs your actual is20 tune. I'm guessing he is able to get more out of the top end with the jb4 and ethanol as well.

The ethanol makes so much of a difference. When I've been at the drag strip with my daily setup Sparky and I were effectively neck and neck, with the slight advantage I had being pretty easily contributed to weight.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the add in the spreadsheet! There should be a new category for AWD MQB IS20, I'd be curious to see where I stand! :D
No more categories. Gti is same for is20, is38 and BT. AWD will follow that metric :D

Hopefully get a chance to meet at luskville before the end of the year. A couple of us on here (few 10s cars and my slower 6mt) usually go often once boost season kicks in.

No more categories. Gti is same for is20, is38 and BT. AWD will follow that metric :D

Hopefully get a chance to meet at luskville before the end of the year. A couple of us on here (few 10s cars and my slower 6mt) usually go often once boost season kicks in.

For sure! Look for the cosmos blue A3, I've been going every 3-4 weeks this year so far.

Attachments

• IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 483

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

1.8t awd seems all screwy though with that convention. Just an ego thing though, so pay no mind.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Then it would be awd and fwd categories only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
1.8t awd seems all screwy though with that convention. Just an ego thing though, so pay no mind.

I agree with the 1.8 you probably want to spilt it up records, but keep it in the same sheet. You could even set the sheet up to auto populate records.
IS12 FWD
IS12 AWD
IS20 FWD
IS20 AWD
IS38 FWD
IS38 AWD
FWD Record
AWD Record
MT Record(because autos race themselves *shots fired*)

I'm hoping to get slicks here in the next few weeks, but I keep breaking other things so I haven't purchased them yet lol. DOT tires are absolutely useless with the IS38 and fwd lol. My lightweight and bolstered seats get here tomorrow so that should shed close to 100lbs.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Got a couple passes in yesterday before it got too hot.

New PB but I feel like the car is still lacking up top. DA was better but my mph just isn't there. Same set up as before aside from a revised map but it didn't seem to help much.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my mph is so low ??

ET: 12.17
MPH: 108.79
60: 1.75
DA: 2,193
MODEL: MK7 GTI
ENGINE: 2.0T
TURBO: is20
TRANS: DSG
FUEL: E50
WT: Full
TIRES: Slicks
SOFTWARE: 5150