GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Scoop/Eventuri Piece , Possible Group Batch

allan1229

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Did a quick install today. Excuse the dirty engine bay. Gotta clean it up a bit when I get some time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys so since I get asked a lot about water and the effects with the scoop I'd figure I'd share this with you guys. Tonight we had one of the worst storms in recent memory. It was really bad. Roads were flooded and it was just pouring water and wind and I had to drive for twenty minutes in it including the freeway! As soon as I got home I snapped a picture of the water into the tunnel of the Apr intake. I took the scoop off to show the water and where it goes when it's on during a storm.

As you can see it doesn't even make it in even a quarter inch into the tunnel, let alone the filter housing. This is with a massive cut hole and my own air scoop. So water isn't really an issue at all no matter how bad it is outside rest assured you're never going to water log one of these things....

By the way latest batch is about to ship out! Still taking orders pm to get in on the next one!

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_204758.jpg
    IMG_20180815_204758.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 506

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Kinda curious, what can you do in regards to different colors?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Kinda curious, what can you do in regards to different colors?

Right now we're offering a heat res. Black duracoat , a caliper red high temp, and a brushed aluminum (unfinished and coated) for no extra charge. Honestly if you want a custom color I don't mind going and buying some paint myself and spray and clear it if you add a few dollars extra for the spray paint.

Just let me know!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys so how are my first batch guys doing out there? Has it been working well long term? Any long term thoughts for others?

P.s. latest batch shipped should be in transit monday

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Zero issues with mine. Been through HEAVY rain on the highway, etc. No problems.

Good to hear!

My buddy has an is38, meth, eth build that had an Apr intake without the cut out or scoop. I finally convinced him to add it and he said he could actually feel the difference in spool and sound. His iats dropped by 1 across the board (average) and looking at the Apr design it's clear as to why. (Air is blocked off from entrance!)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Yeah it seems like they copied mine and 2 slows idea.. well regardless my kit is still cheaper, made of better material and ten times more durable. You also have the support with install or if something goes wrong I'll always be here to send another one! The thin plastic ones will flex during driving and also pick up more grime and wear over time (dents, chips, etc.)

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it seems like they copied mine and 2 slows idea.. well regardless my kit is still cheaper, made of better material and ten times more durable. You also have the support with install or if something goes wrong I'll always be here to send another one! The thin plastic ones will flex during driving and also pick up more grime and wear over time (dents, chips, etc.)

Hell yea dude! I get compliments all the time about your scoop! One of my favorite mods to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azthegame

Ready to race!
yeah the machined piece is definitely better to buy. Only thing they got on theirs is the grates bundled in. Can't wait to get mine on the next shipment.. impatiently and anxiously waiting as patiently as I can lmao

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
It's coming my man ! Haha. Didn't ship out yesterday due to labor day so trying to rush there after work today, tomorrow for next four.